Taalblobs educational website with 25 HTML5 games

Stephan

largebanner1.thumb.jpg.22460f3bd494c7e4b623bb9c4c329f48.jpg

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce that one of my biggest html5 projects was released this weekend. The project 'Taalblobs' is a commercial website with many educational games that is designed to practise Dutch spelling. It contains 25 games (all written in panda.js), approximately 5000 Dutch words, a reward system for pupils, an adaptive algorithm as well as the option for a manual override, an extensive monitoring system for teachers and many many more cool features, all designed to facilitate educational professionals. Currently Taalblobs will be available in Dutch only but I am thinking about porting the concept to other languages as well. (So if you are dyslexia expert and interested in participating, don't hesitate to contact me ;)!) 

If you are interested in the project, feel free to have a look and give a few games a quick try on the website https://www.taalblobs.nl/demo. You can have a look at some screenshots below or a full overview online at: https://www.taalblobs.nl/spellen.html

@Enpu: Once again thank you so much for your work on the Panda.js game engine and especially for making it publically available as an open source project. 

Stephan B)    

leesrace.png.b812e415904e003cf3f332a173c70702.pngflipperkast.png.3a2c6130df662ed8f37d9d2ce4ecb213.pngautorace.png.8c6daf3966989e7f2780dec4fa69642b.pngfotosafari.png.3444c8e31d2b672dfc1a9c4fccb6602f.pngbioscoop1.png.89a008d2ee4e2f4b7710490ddae0c909.pngdoolhof.png.0a675ee330200c0b8e3fd42b5b1515d0.pngparagame.png.76afa342645dc6a56f35aa540582971e.pngbellenprikken.png.dd3dd9fda38696750b215a5ee33b5f51.png

• 3 weeks later...

The games look great :)

Is there a big market for HTML5 in educational games? I've heard from someone that Scorm (sharable content object reference model) is used by e-learning publishers in the Netherlands. I hadn't heard of that before, have you ever worked with that?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Umz and @BdR,

Thanx for your positive feedback! :) 

On 18-7-2017 at 10:37 PM, BdR said:

Is there a big market for HTML5 in educational games? I've heard from someone that Scorm (sharable content object reference model) is used by e-learning publishers in the Netherlands. I hadn't heard of that before, have you ever worked with that?

I have never worked with Scorm so far so I am not really sure what it is all about. I guess it is a framework for educational content? In Taalblobs I really designed the games AROUND the educational content in a way that they optimally support the learning proces and I guess that will be hard to do with Scorm (although I am not sure what it is exactely).

And about the market? Yes, I think you can make a living from it. But there is quite some competition from large publishers so you must really stand out in one way or the other to make sure you get some attention and generate some revenue.