ParticleSystem Bursting

MackeyK24

I am trying o figure out a way of doing bursting in a particle system...

what I mean is I wanna one-shot or burst an amount of particles (but not end or stop playing the particles from the the previous burst) and one-shot or burst another amount of particles right behind the first set at a specified delay in milli secs or whatever... think of Indian Smoke Signals type effect.

Yo @Deltakosh or @Sebavan or ANYBODY else know how to make this happen... of even modify the BABYLON.ParticleSystem to support BURST instead of just a one-shot then you die type deal :)

I know 'maualEmitCount' gives you a one-shot then die type deal... but I need something like that but be able to one-shot multiple and a given delay

ALSO... Can anybody tell me for sure exactly what ParticleSystem.emitRate is that how many particles PER SECOND... so and emitRate of 1 would emit 1 particle per second (if emitPower min/max ratio set to 1.0) ???

Hey Mackey... good to see you again.  Same for you, Rags - I've never seen a particle burst system like that.  Pretty cool!

Mack... the .manualEmitCount is not a burst then die.  It is still alive after the burst.  Just set a NEW amount of .manualEmitCount, and it will burst again.

http://playground.babylonjs.com/#206JUO#3

See lines 86-96... setting a new .manualEmitCount every 1/3 sec.  The particleSystem is alive after-burst, but its particle hopper goes empty.  :)

.emitRate is predominantly not used for this.

-----

As for the particles-per-second question, I don't think it can be determined.  I went looking around in source, but I didn't see anything apropos.  But if you put 1 particle in the .manualEmitCount particle-hopper every second, then it's 1 PPS.  :)