The attack of Dr.Evil

PhasedEvolution

Hey guys. 

First time on ludum dare. I actually didn't know it was happening and had only about 20 hours to make the game when I found out.

I didn't use any engine. Just js canvas. You can see the ludumdare entry here or just play the game directly here. Didn't have time to take care of details but was a preety cool marathon.

Cheers

27 minutes ago, Tymski said:

Why do you shoot with "j" and not with "space"? Can't play with one hand.

Well good question. My keyboard has a problem with the space key sensivity. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't (with ctrl and alt key as well). When I was making the game I used whatever key came to my mind to test it. I just didn't think of changing it to space key again...  but actually I should ^^

2 hours ago, RubbleGames said:

Nice game, but after I'd played for a bit the game seemed to get stuck on really fast mode even after I died and restarted. I had to refresh to get the speed back to normal.

I didn't know about that problem. How long did you play until that happened? Did you play the latest version?

18 minutes ago, RubbleGames said:

I followed the itch.io link just before I posted so it was whatever version was there then :)

The first time it took a few minutes, after I refreshed it happened again within a minute or two. I'm using Chrome on desktop (windows 10) if that helps at all.

Oh that might explain it.  Well this is the updated version if you want to try it... the gameplay changes a little along with other minor improvements.  One of the problems it had was the one you noticed. I changed some things from one version to another and I think I corrected that bug. I didn't change that itch.io link because ludum dare 39 is still going and only the last version was made during the competition. I will replace that link on itch.io with the updated version later on. 

Thank you for playing. I appreciate it.

It's great for a game made in a small time, would like to see some refinement here because I enjoyed it haha.
The item frequency should reduce a little so I have a chance to collect all or more of the drops, and I didn't really get why I was able to shoot, but collecting items was fun!