How to get business verification done as an individual developer?

pingu

I submitted my messenger bot for verification but in the following business verification step, I am being asked for details of my "business". I am an individual developer and don't have several of those required details like registration ID. I also read that business verification is going to become compulsory for even releasing games going forward.

1. Are individual developers allowed on the platform?

2. If so, where can individual developers get their verification done? Is there an email alias to reach out at if the form is still not ready?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having problems with this too, I have released 2 games in the past on FB Instant and today I tried to release a game that has already passed review, but I can't because it says I need to verify my business. My FB developer settings are set as an individual/sole proprietor,  but in FB Business Manger>Business Settings>Business Info it only lets you try to verify your account as a business. In developer docs it says there is some sort of individual verification if it gives you the option, but there aren't even any options anywhere to set this up? Anybody found a fix for this?

Hi @Noel 

The pain point here is that:

1. In some countries it is perfectly fine to earn money via game development as an individual developer without a business registration. Business registrations (at least where I live) are done for partnerships, limited liability or generally after income exceeds a certain high threshold. Tax can be otherwise paid through an individual tax ID.

2. FB business manager seems to be tailored only for registered "businesses". I still tried filling it up to best reflect that I am working in individual capacity and supplied my individual tax document and address proof (both government issued) but my verification failed with a message that I didn't supply one of the required "business" documents.

It would be great if the exact policy for individual developers on the platform is clarified.

Business registrations come with variable administrative overhead in various countries and it might not be worthwhile for individual developers who haven't started making sufficient money through their games.

Thanks!

I got a response from FB, individual verification is currently not available for everyone in their Business Settings and it is currently being rolled out. When it is available for you, you will be able to select individual as an option and verify yourself instead of a business.

10 hours ago, Patrick_NoD said:

I got a response from FB, individual verification is currently not available for everyone in their Business Settings and it is currently being rolled out. When it is available for you, you will be able to select individual as an option and verify yourself instead of a business.

So until then we have to stay unverified? I have a game that will soon be pulled out of discoverability because my business review failed. And the game is going to lose its privileges because I tried to apply for a business verification in the first place.  ? How did you contact them? I wish I can ask them to do my individual verification before they pull out my game from visibility.

I'd like to hear if you manage to get anywhere, cause I can't find any decent contact information... Only relaying stuff through Noel to get any kind of feedback at the moment, and i'm sure he answers a majority of issues.  I thought i saw a post recently about Individual Verification coming soon, but i can't find it anywhere any more, so dont know if its been removed, or if i just dreamed it.

But yeah, i'm kinda stuck at the moment with our game ready to go, but needing the last hurdle of verification to move forward :(

4 hours ago, Noel said:

@o0Corps0o You are sent to this page, right? https://www.facebook.com/business/resources/
You just need to scroll down, there is a section called "Still need help?", click on the "Get Started" button. You can then select a category, then you ll have several options, one being "Email our support team".

When will you do an individual verification?
Lured people and threw. Terrible platform, terrible politics and bureaucracy. Well done.
Loss of time, loss of money, loss of nerves - that will give Facebook. Why are you fooling people? Why do people have to waste time and energy? And you give traffic to such crap like OMG and LOL, which is not a game at all. Where is the moderation? Where's the justice? But you have unexpected changes to the rules of publication, deception, bugs, terrible reputation and terribly slow support.

You open the platform, people start working. Then you demand that people register their business and without it they cannot fully release the game. Why are you doing this now? Why didn't you do it at first? You are terrible, Facebook is disgusting. You are an ugly platform. Just know it. A platform with not healthy competition, but a piece of shit. Absolute random. Random rules. Random traffic.