How much retention rate is good for Instant Games?

kiemu

We published our first game 2 months ago. Not have many players but have some royalty player.

This is our first game, so we don't have a lot of social features (just have leaderboards).

Our D1 Retention is low, just 4%.

I want to know how much retention rate is considered as good performance for games in FIG platforms?

Don't think about it. Constantly something breaks at Facebook. You must have a registered business to work normally with Facebook. May not be able to get money in your region. But the most pleasant thing is that now monetization for everyone has broken on Facebook. Success on this platform is only possible in close collaboration with Facebook. This is confirmed by all the success stories that Facebook feeds us.

The openness of the platform for FB instant games is a great lie.

6 hours ago, usergame said:

Don't think about it. Constantly something breaks at Facebook. You must have a registered business to work normally with Facebook. May not be able to get money in your region. But the most pleasant thing is that now monetization for everyone has broken on Facebook. Success on this platform is only possible in close collaboration with Facebook. This is confirmed by all the success stories that Facebook feeds us.

The openness of the platform for FB instant games is a great lie.

Sad to hear this. But I believe this platform will be better in the future

On 11/22/2018 at 2:05 PM, Reborned said:

20% is possible today because players are auto-subscribed to bots. But after January this will not be possible anymore. So I think the max retention will be about 7% or 8%.

urg that sounds bad. the integration with bots as push notification systems is what makes it work. where have you read that ? 

On 11/25/2018 at 4:53 PM, kali said:

urg that sounds bad. the integration with bots as push notification systems is what makes it work. where have you read that ? 

https://www.facebook.com/fbgaminghome/blog/important-game-bots-update

I think this will be positive for the plataform, since the auto-subscribing bots are harassing to the players.

On 11/22/2018 at 1:54 PM, pingu said:

My game has 11% D1 retention without bots. I believe more is possible.

Congratulations. Good to know that is possible to reach such retention without bots. It should be a great game.