mikhluz

1200_630.thumb.png.514757debd148a12229dd8b7a2329e3e.png

Hi. I glad to introduce you a new game that was created by our team - it's called Arcade Race and it's a simple racing game where you need to go from checkpoint to checkpoint trying to do it in short time. It's a 3d game but made in old pixel game style like Interstate76 or first Carmagedon . Please don't judge it seriously it's just a fan art inspired by old games. It works directly in browser and mobile devices with friendly controlls. Enjoy.

It was made using Verge3D engine in Blender with help of Inkscape and Gimp.

Here's a link to the game

And some screenshots

ice_screenshot_20201123-183148.png.34398aebad28d4b4f0296ec650899782.pngScreenshot_7.png.088dda1c0047a477ea852b2e820dda89.pngScreenshot_6.thumb.png.20c49306c63c110c4d23aa0df3ab012e.pngScreenshot_5.thumb.png.e25d00b17aa799fd7edb3d2a13eed324.png

Edited by mikhluz

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's a fan project, but I'll write down some things that came to mind, in case you ever decide to develop the game further:

• It took me some time before I realized that the orange lights aren't in fact lights, but that they guide to the checkpoints (I didn't watch the video before playing). When starting the game there could be an info pop-up that indicates this.
  • After 5 minutes I quit because there aren't any goals or levels (I suppose?).
  • The screen shaking was a bit too much for me.

On 12/21/2020 at 6:57 AM, k12gamer said:

Cool...How about also allowing the arrow keys to control the car...for right handed players.

Yes, just forgot to add this, thanks)

On 12/21/2020 at 6:57 PM, benediktloeffler said:

I know it's a fan project, but I'll write down some things that came to mind, in case you ever decide to develop the game further:

• It took me some time before I realized that the orange lights aren't in fact lights, but that they guide to the checkpoints (I didn't watch the video before playing). When starting the game there could be an info pop-up that indicates this.
  • After 5 minutes I quit because there aren't any goals or levels (I suppose?).
  • The screen shaking was a bit too much for me.

Yes, the I've already changed the indicator some time erlier bacause of the same feedback, thanks

Yes, you right there's no more levels. Unfortunally, I have no time for that, maybe I'll add multiplayer some time later, but have no time for multiple levels and something else.

• 4 weeks later...