How does Phaser to the others?

Froton X

Yes! :D

More seriously - It's the html5 game engine which is the most open. Also to my knowledge the one with most examples, strong community and active development on github (reports, PR and so on).

So that;s why people choose it, and make their game ideas.

So if you have one just get it and try to build it, that;s the best thing you can do to test the engine ;)

I can name some reason why is it more popular:

• Forum was made by Rich(Creator of Phaser)
  • Phaser is Open Source and Free
  • Phaser is really easy to use (using prototypes instead of modules) 
  • Phaser has a lot of good examples (visual+code)
  • Phaser is mature game engine (bigger community)
  • Documentation is top-notch

To be honest. 

I am amazed. I have went from absolutely no real HTML or JS knowledge to having cloned our Starling App in a month.  We thought it would take forever, and we would have a terrible cut down version. 

Not at all! 

I owe Rich a lot for giving me a direction and wont be forgotten!

To be honest. 

I am amazed. I have went from absolutely no real HTML or JS knowledge to having cloned our Starling App in a month.  We thought it would take forever, and we would have a terrible cut down version. 

Not at all! 

I owe Rich a lot for giving me a direction and wont be forgotten!

I share the same sentiment with clark here :)

Went from having no real JS knowledge/experience to creating a commercial games under one month! It's feature complete, active in development, and flexible to implement. All in all, I knew it's the HTML5 games framework for me when I built my first games :)

Thanks everyone :)

I don't believe me running this forum makes any different to popularity, because I've been really careful to give all the frameworks we have boards here for as equal (they are listed in the order they were created). As this forum shouldn't carry any preference for one framework over another.

That said it IS the most active board, I guess because most other frameworks have their own forums elsewhere? But then it's great to see the likes of Panda growing here too. I think this forum is the place for the newschool libraries ;)