Viral Asteroids And Basketball Don't Lie

Jon Goikolea

First two of the four games that I've finished so far.

poster_mini.jpg

Action game inspired by the youtube heroes and those people who always have the time to take the camera out and film the events in the most exceptional situations :lol:

screenshot-viralasteroids.png

Here the link

Overall feedback is appreciated! If you use a mobile device I would be happy to know how the game works on the device!

poster_mini-basketball.png

Basketball game with 3 modes:

- Time Trial

- In the zone

- Practice mode

2 differents playgrounds.

Link

If you use are using the 4+ Android Browser for this one I would really appreciate if you tell me if it works or not because it has an untested hack to override the clearRect Android Browser bug!

Thank you!

Both games work run fine on my Nexus 4 chrome browsers.

Viral Asteroids has a nice concept. "Like it" ;-)

However, although I like "Basketball don't lie" - it reminds me too much on Ludei's iBasket

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, I know iBasket is a similar game, but the reference is this other classic flash game.

In fact I didn't play iBasket till you mentioned it on purpose :P

In Time Trial, I scored 35020 with a shot percentage of 11%.

Feels pretty solid. I think some of the animations would benefit from non-linear easings and it would be nice if the combo graphics appeared somewhere other than the middle of the screen where you're trying to plan your next shot. Just polish stuff.

In Time Trial, I scored 35020 with a shot percentage of 11%.

Feels pretty solid. I think some of the animations would benefit from non-linear easings and it would be nice if the combo graphics appeared somewhere other than the middle of the screen where you're trying to plan your next shot. Just polish stuff.

You are right on both points. Animations are a bit too much linear. I will try to research on that because it will be useful for future projects. I'll try to find a more suitable place for the combo graphics also.

I really appreciate your comment!

Both games ran fine on the stock browser on my LG P880 (4.0.3)

I really like the basketball game, though Viral asteroids looks more polished. I had an issue with the Viral Asteroids button though. You have to drag right along the bottom of the screen to get him to move and I kept on accidentally opening up the nav tab at the bottom.

I like Viral Asteroids - it's so relevant to today!

I'm glad you like it.

Both games ran fine on the stock browser on my LG P880 (4.0.3)

I really like the basketball game, though Viral asteroids looks more polished. I had an issue with the Viral Asteroids button though. You have to drag right along the bottom of the screen to get him to move and I kept on accidentally opening up the nav tab at the bottom.

Yep, in small devices the touch area assigned to movement is maybe too narrow and it is also in a dangerous zone as you say. Maybe I should consider moving up the character a little bit and get some more space to breathe (less space for playing though :( ).