[WIP] Ridane - Canvas Action-Adventure

Gscheid

Hello fellow HTML5 devs!

I'd like to present you my first canvas game. It is a fantasy Action-Adventure called 'Ridane'.

post-8888-0-76405200-1401569187.jpg

The project is still work in progress and in a very eary development state, but I think it's never to early to gather some feedback. Currently there is only one level available but it is filled with zombies only waiting to get beaten up :).

I know that the gameplay isn't that exciting by now, but I want to finish the first level, do some polishing and get rid of any remaining bugs before I continue with the next level and more features. In the following levels the player will be able to choose between a melee, ranged or magic equipment and they will also get some active skills depending on their class choice. I will also work on a 'block' feature for melee fighters, an 'aim' feature for ranged fighters and some kind of 'focus/channel mana' feature for mages. Thus the gameplay will be more diverse and the three classes will differ a little more.

Preview of some unit graphics:

post-8888-0-53632400-1401569192.png

I'm looking forward to your feedback and I very much appreciate every suggestion, found bug or criticism ;).

But enough talking, you try out the game here. Don't forget to turn on the ingame sound! You can also take a look at the code on GitHub.

One additional note: Unfortunately the game does not support mobile devices. The features I have planned and the therefore needed controls are not possible on mobile.

I'll be supported by a frontend colleague very soon (I'm also a frontend dev), so the game should make some good progress in the next weeks and I will update you guys if there is interest for that.

Cheers!

Nico

Thanks for testing ; ). You are right, it looks a bit wrong when you move around. The cloud animation is made with CSS3 and in order to unbind it from the camera I have to move the cloud container when the player moves or do the animation in canvas. I will test it, but I think the performance is better if the cloud animation is just a fixed container animated with CSS3.