Intro

StephenRichard

Hi Stephen

I'm also new, sorry for hijacking your thread but I thought it might be good to keep the intros in a single place.

My names Ben - and I work for Miniclip.com - we're currently thinking about introducing HTML5 games to the site so I thought I would sign up to try to keep up to date with the latest news and to get to meet some of the people making the stuff so that, if we do start buying in HTML5 games, you know who to talk to :)

I am a web designer by trade but I've been making games for years - I have about a dozen Flash games on Miniclip, and have made a handful of indie shareware games. I'm considering making a super simple HTML5 game as a proof of concept for Miniclip so will likely end up asking some questions on here.

Hi Stephen / Hi Ben - cool to have you "on board" ;-)

My names Ben - and I work for Miniclip.com - we're currently thinking about introducing HTML5 games to the site so I thought I would sign up to try to keep up to date with the latest news and to get to meet some of the people making the stuff so that, if we do start buying in HTML5 games, you know who to talk to :)

Hey - that would be cool to see if miniclip.com supports HTML5 games. Please keep us informed about your progress.

Hi Stephen, Ben and benny!

I'll just inject my Intro here, too.

I studied Design in Munich and work now as UX-Designer and Front-End-Developer in an IT-company since March 2012.

I used to paint and draw a lot in university, but my interest shifted to web by 2010.

I'm just starting out with game-design/development and trying to get into its principles and ways. My plan is to finish a little 1-level sidescroller by April, using no framework, only plain JS on <canvas>. On the side I'm doing the Udacity-HTML5-Game-class.

I'll just jump in on the intro wagon.

Hello everyone, my name is Felipe Alfonso I am a self-tought game artist and developer. I decided to join as I follow photonstorm on twitter and saw this forum.

I've been doing games since I was 16, worked on  a couple of local companies and now I am full time dedicated to my own developments. I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey folks,

I'll go and continue this thread if you don't mind :)

I'm a guy from germany, currently working at "Kiss" (short for Keep It Smart and Simple), where we are creating Websites and HTML5 Applications. I am also interested in creating own games since a looooong time. I made a few tiny ones in Quick Basic, later Visual Basic 6 many years ago during my Highscool time and am carrying a couple of ideas with me which I want to implement in HTML5.

I am not only interested in games, but also in creating tools that may be helpful for game development/creation itself. I have a concept for a tilebased game-engine and an advanced asset-loader in mind, as well as a tool for creating pixelart which I started a few years ago with Adobe Air and would like to port to HTML5, now.

Altough my time is currently consumed by a couple of projects from my workplace (creating a bigger, JavaScript heavy web-application and working on a JavaScript library to simplify UI creation for Backbone apps), I will try and constantly have a look into this forum and contribute to topics, as well as sharing my own ideas and thoughts from time to time.

I am sure I will learn a lot here and will finally be able to implement the game I promised to my girlfriend a few months ago  :D

greetings from germany,

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys I my name is Ron I have a huge interest in becoming a html5 programmer. I actually dont have a background in computer science or anything like that but have always loved the idea of learning how to code. I love tech.

Now that im finishing my second degree!!! (why its not in computer science i dont know) but I have decided to take the next year or so to learn how to code using web languages. I tried learning objective c but quickly got stuck on things such as pointers lol, so I then made an app using html5.

Im not very good yet!!, I pretty much did trial and error until it worked. So now I will be trying my best to learn how to code javascript Html and CSS so I can become more proficient at it.

I bought construct 2 least year and made a couple of games. It seems pretty easy to pick and will try to become good at using that tool, while learning actual code. Anyways I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I will be visiting this community often I might have a lot of questions so I apologize in advanced :P. I will try to contribute as much as possible.  

Zug-zug!

like: Gathering woods and gold from a nearby mine.

don't like: Repairing turrets under attack

also: I am a javascript gamedeveloper with some artistic skills.

lifetime achievements: Played Atic-Atac on ZX Spectrum at age ~3, created first commercial website before having internet connection

I am totally professional in providing vaporware

Hello.  I am Alexis Andujar Gonzalez, I'm 32, married, unemployed since yesterday, and have a pet cat. I have been making games with Game Maker since 2006 under the nickname Alexitron.

Besides making and playing games I like drawing, cooking, eating, sight seeing, picture taking, and watching TV with my wife.

I look forward to be active and helpful around the forum.

Greetings, I am Matt Greene and I am 28 yrs old as I write this. I have been neck deep in the web for over 12 years. I live it, I love it, I make it my own. Gaming and game development is a passion of mine that I spend a great deal of time with.

Lately I have been very much into TypeScript, because it supplies me with a much more structured environment that I crave when coding.

I have worked with quite a few clients out there, from Proctor & Gamble, Coke, and many more that I cannot name.

I love this community and everything about it!

Hi guys..! my name is Dana Putra Kharisma, i'm from Indonesia, i have made some flash games before and now decided to try HTML5 gamedev,

i was really skeptical before with all HTML5 things  :P .
but now after seeing HTML5 improving much better , i guess it's time to try it, currently making something using melonJS and learning pure javascript.

hope to share and learn lots of things with you guys..!  :)

Quick intro: I live in Sweden and make JavaScript and HTML5 games in my spare time. I'm currently taking part in the One Game a Month challenge, but am starting to get a bit distracted by a more ambitious and long term project - a game I've been dying to make for years - snail racing and breeding. I'm  hoping to maybe release a demo version of it for this month's 1GAM game, but we'll see. That's pretty much it :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I'm 21 and I've been making games for 12 years of my life now. I run a small website/forum, and I've been working on some big games for the last couple years. Recently I've decided to see how well I can do with HTML5 games. I'd love to be able to go fully independent and not work a "normal job".