Phaser 2.4.8 is released

rich

Hi all,

phaser248.png

I'm pleased to announce that Phaser 2.4.8 is now released.

I decided to skip the release-candidate process this time. Mostly because the response to previous RCs has been really tiny. It appears people only really test it when it hits master, so here we go!

There are a lot of fixes and updates here, and a couple of small new features.

We're now moving on to Phaser 2.5.0, the first stage of which will be to test Pixi v4 integration. It may work, it may not. Fingers crossed!

As usual if you find bugs in 2.4.8 please report them on GitHub. If we need to we can always release 2.4.9, but time will tell.

Cheers,

Rich

I want to create something like Love2d but using JavaScript and the Phaser Framework..(Get rid of the DOM/CSS, but only use a html 5 canvas) (If that makes sense) but I have no idea where to start. Keep up the good work Rich

Though it's already there..

Haha, I thought of the same thing. Phaser already on top :D

looks like now the position of Arcade Physics Body is other than in previus versions of builds, now anchor of parent are difference with his "arcade.physic.body".

UPDATE:
it's not a bug :) it's a feature, check out this about this in github. so just now, need to know it's actually now correct in its implementation.

Yes, a very, very custom v2.

I'm definitely going to take some time experimenting with Pixi 4. My only real concern is it's so massively different that Phaser will need doing almost from scratch to accommodate it. Which worries me a little, as it perhaps makes more sense to expend that effort on Lazer. But only time will tell :)

I believe the "rube-loader-for-phaser-box2d-plugin" is in need of a small update.
I think it's just a namespace issue, but I don't know how to fix the issue.

I receive the following error (see attached screenshot)

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 11.12.58 AM.png

I am using Intel XDK.
This is the order that I am loading the libraries.

<script src="lib/phaser.min.js"></script>
	<script src="lib/box2d-plugin-full.js"></script>
	<script src="lib/phaser-rube.js"></script>
	<script src="src/Game.js"></script>
	<script src="src/app.js"></script>

This is the example 'create'' function that I am using.

create: function () {
	        this.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.BOX2D);
	        this.physics.box2d.setPTMRatio(20);
	        levelScene = new Phaser.Physics.Box2D.RubeScene('level');
	        levelScene.load();
	        this.camera.bounds.setTo(-10000, -10000, 20000, 20000);
	        this.camera.x = -400;
	        this.camera.y = -300;
	        this.input.onDown.add(mouseDragStart, this);
	        this.input.addMoveCallback(mouseDragMove, this);
	        this.input.onUp.add(mouseDragEnd, this);
	    },

On 5/20/2016 at 11:25 AM, sheik266 said:

I believe the "rube-loader-for-phaser-box2d-plugin" is in need of a small update.
I think it's just a namespace issue, but I don't know how to fix the issue.

I receive the following error (see attached screenshot)

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 11.12.58 AM.png

I've been looking further into the code. My javascript skills are quite weak, but I believe my issue is because I am using States.

When using states, instead of using 'game' you use 'this'. (There's a state manager guide in the Phaser Mega Bundle). So I am calling this rube-loader function like this:

CODE: SELECT ALL
this.physics.box2d.setPTMRatio(20);

instead of the usual 

game.physics.box2d.setPTMRatio(20);

Here's the definition of the function - there are other functions in the library that also have similar issues.

// If the PTM ratio is changed after creating the world, the debug draw scale needs to be updated
Phaser.Physics.Box2D.prototype.setPTMRatio = function(newRatio) {
    this.ptmRatio = newRatio;
    game.physics.box2d.debugDraw = new Phaser.Physics.Box2D.DefaultDebugDraw(this.ptmRatio);
    game.physics.box2d.world.SetDebugDraw( game.physics.box2d.debugDraw );
}

After updating to 2.4.8 and swapping my TS def files I am getting 

Error    TS2415    Class 'Graphics' incorrectly extends base class 'DisplayObjectContainer'.
  Types of property 'generateTexture' are incompatible.
    Type '(resolution?: number, scaleMode?: number) => Texture' is not assignable to type '(resolution?: number, scaleMode?: number, renderer?: PixiRenderer) => RenderTexture'.
      Type 'Texture' is not assignable to type 'RenderTexture'.
        Property 'renderer' is missing in type 'Texture'.   XYY\declarations\pixi.comments.d.ts    1261    Active

On 5/20/2016 at 11:09 AM, rich said:

Yes, a very, very custom v2.

I'm definitely going to take some time experimenting with Pixi 4. My only real concern is it's so massively different that Phaser will need doing almost from scratch to accommodate it. Which worries me a little, as it perhaps makes more sense to expend that effort on Lazer. But only time will tell :)

I just started with Phaser and I absolutely love it! I just started learning Javascript about 6 or so months ago and I started with the RPG Maker MV Game Engine, it uses Pixi V2 as it's renderer, so I became really familiar with pixi and it's numerous amount of bugs. I for one am excited you're attempting to use Pixi v4, I used it for a little bit and was very impressed with the speed of it. I can only imagine the amount of time you will have to put into integrating v4, be sure to take breaks so you don't pull your hair out lol. Anyway I appreciate all the work done to Phaser and it has sure as heck made my learning Javascript a breeze, I feel like a pro after switching from RPG Maker MV codebase to Phaser, it's just so simple, in fact it makes it's complicated because it's so easy, most of the time I'm always trying to extend Phaser and or create Managers to handle states audio and images, when in reality it's not needed most of the time. Anyway keep up the great work and I'll be sure to start testing new releases as soon as I become more familiar with Phaser API.

40 minutes ago, LTNGames said:

I just started with Phaser and I absolutely love it! I just started learning Javascript about 6 or so months ago and I started with the RPG Maker MV Game Engine, it uses Pixi V2 as it's renderer, so I became really familiar with pixi and it's numerous amount of bugs. I for one am excited you're attempting to use Pixi v4, I used it for a little bit and was very impressed with the speed of it. I can only imagine the amount of time you will have to put into integrating v4, be sure to take breaks so you don't pull your hair out lol. Anyway I appreciate all the work done to Phaser and it has sure as heck made my learning Javascript a breeze, I feel like a pro after switching from RPG Maker MV codebase to Phaser, it's just so simple, in fact it makes it's complicated because it's so easy, most of the time I'm always trying to extend Phaser and or create Managers to handle states audio and images, when in reality it's not needed most of the time. Anyway keep up the great work and I'll be sure to start testing new releases as soon as I become more familiar with Phaser API.

Do you know that RPG MV is upgraded to pixiv4? We are only waiting for QA and reviews, it will be in MV 1.3.0.

This plugin helps a lot:

https://github.com/pixijs/pixi-tilemap

Anyway, I have my own fork of pixi that will suit phaser-2 more than original:

https://gameofbombs.github.io/pixi-bin/index.html?s=flip&f=cards.js&title=Cards

https://gameofbombs.github.io/pixi-bin/index.html?s=flip&f=lookEuler.js&title=Camera%20lookEuler&plugins=pixi-spine,pixi-extra-filters

https://gameofbombs.github.io/pixi-bin/index.html?s=camera&f=zindex.js&title=Z-index

https://github.com/gameofbombs/

We have

- 3d transforms support

- Camera z-index/z-order that does not care if elements belong to different groups

- Improved performance for mostly static scenes

2 minutes ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

Do you know that RPG MV is upgraded to pixiv4? We are only waiting for QA and reviews, it will be in MV 1.3.0.

Yea, I can't wait for the upgrade, MV is still my main Game Engine, just right now while I'm learning to program in Javascript I wanted to attempt using only a framework, Still though nothing beats the simplicity of RMMV and it's eventing system.

4 minutes ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

This plugin helps a lot:

https://github.com/pixijs/pixi-tilemap

I've noticed this a few days ago I was really excited to see it, the speed is amazing btw. Overall though I'm really excited to see MV 1.3, the Z order is a huge thing for us plugin developers, always conflicting with the windows or hud elements, and that 3-d transform looks freaking awesome. Are you aa MV developer?

4 minutes ago, LTNGames said:

Yea, I can't wait for the upgrade, MV is still my main Game Engine, just right now while I'm learning to program in Javascript I wanted to attempt using only a framework, Still though nothing beats the simplicity of RMMV and it's eventing system.

I've noticed this a few days ago I was really excited to see it, the speed is amazing btw. Overall though I'm really excited to see MV 1.3, the Z order is a huge thing for us plugin developers, always conflicting with the windows or hud elements, and that 3-d transform looks freaking awesome. Are you aa MV developer?

Yep, I joined MV in the beginning of the year. Z-order will be in 1.4 when I switch pixi-v4 to the fork I mentioned above. Right now its important to optimize performance and remove lag spikes. I think its mostly done.

@ivan.popelyshev that's great good to see some serious developers helping with MV, as you mentioned performance is sketchy in a lot of areas of MV and I believe most of it is caused by the use of Pixi v2, I'm glad that these things are being worked on or are already complete.It would be nice to see your fork of pixi in Phaser, do you help with Phaser as well or are do you just lurk the forums? ;) As I already said I've only been using Phaser for a few days but I've fallen in love already and am excited to see a possible integration of Pixi v4.

8 minutes ago, LTNGames said:

@ivan.popelyshev that's great good to see some serious developers helping with MV, as you mentioned performance is sketchy in a lot of areas of MV and I believe most of it is caused by the use of Pixi v2, I'm glad that these things are being worked on or are already complete.It would be nice to see your fork of pixi in Phaser, do you help with Phaser as well or are do you just lurk the forums? ;) As I already said I've only been using Phaser for a few days but I've fallen in love already and am excited to see a possible integration of Pixi v4.

I'm not involved into Phaser yet :( I just didnt have enough time. I'll spend my summer on moving gameofbombs.com to pixi, then may be I help with Phaser.

• rich unpinned this topic