Infiltration

remvst

I'd like to present to you my latest game: Infiltration.

test-banner-500x205.png

Infiltration is highly inspired by Metal Gear Solid's VR training missions, and Metal Gear in general, which has a gameplay that I never really found in other games.

The goal is simple: you have to reach the exit of each level without being spotted by the enemy. If an enemy sees you from far away, he will try to come at you, but if an enemy sees you close enough, you will have to start the level again.

You can also make an enemy come at you by making noise (space bar). This way, you can control their behaviour and clear paths.

infiltration-01-thb.png   infiltration-02-thb.png   infiltration-03-thb.png

Infiltration is my attempt at making something different, both from what I'm used to making, and from the other games I play, therefore not everyone will like it, but still, I'm very proud of it because I had this concept in mind for months (I was nearly going to make it for Clay.io's competition), and also because it was not that easy on the technical sides (it required many optimizations).

Once again, I've used Clay.io's API for achievements and statistics sync, but they will be enabled even without it, you just wont earn the points. And for those wondering, I didn't use any framework or game engine. Only pure Javascript.

The game should be working on mobile devices too, but I cannot assure it will run smoothly everywhere. It can make 60fps on my Galaxy S3, and works well on the latest iPad too. I would only suggest not using the Android default browser.

Hope you will like it :-)

Play Infiltration

(oh and if there are any problems with the English translation, I'd be grateful if you let me know :-) )

but the noise feature was pretty useless for me, does this mean im to good? :P

Actually the noise feature was quite complex to implement (pathfinding + Javascript makes it slow) so I designed the game so it would be playable without it. Then I managed to implement it (about three days of coding to have it working properly), but kept the levels the way they were.

Anyway, the game should be playable without it.

But yeah, you're too good for this :P

I quite enjoyed it and also did not find the noise feature that useful and understand why now you have explained about the development. It would be good to have some levels that needed you to use it.

I also felt like I wanted to be able to throw a "stone" to make a noise else where. Sort of like all those old movies :) 

I also felt like I wanted to be able to throw a "stone" to make a noise else where. Sort of like all those old movies :)

Haha that's a good idea, I had not thought about it. A bit more complex to make it intuitive, but technically not that complicated.

Anyway, for those who tried it, I was just thinking of something: do you think that making the level editor available to anyone, and adding some kind of a workshop system would be worth the time spent working on it?