HTML5 Game Licensing Now Available at Novel Games

rich

"HONG KONGJuly 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Novel Games, the world's leading developer of licensable games, proudly announced today that HTML5 game licensing is now available. They now offer about 30 games in HTML5 format, and they are working to port all 350+ games to support HTML5, which is expected to be complete by the end of this year."

http://www.wcax.com/story/22973695/html5-game-licensing-now-available-at-novel-games

Wow that's a lot of new games coming into the market!

Just because they've got games on sale at that price doesn't mean companies will buy them. It's not the consumers they are selling to. If the companies buying the games need a specific level of quality they'll pay for it. If they don't nothing on earth will change their minds.

I'm not sure I'd totally agree. I think the price html5 games are now IS the low-end of the Flash spectrum. What we've not seen are html5 prices fetching the same as top-end Flash games. I suspect because they are not as easy to monetise yet, and also the quality difference is pretty vast. In Flash it used to be really easy to sell a pretty average game for a good amount. This has changed a lot, the money hasn't gone up but the expected quality level has because of all the competition. Right now html5 games are still pretty new and mostly the quality is pretty low as well. The money being offered sort of reflects that. I expect both to change over time.

see it like rich, the quality will increase over time like the quality of browser and mobile devices will but i dont see a big drop in the payment, and for the increasing quality its possible that more sponors will be available and compensate the expense

i mean we have to make a living out of it and if i dont can live after paying taxes etc. then i definitly will not html5 games anymore and these sponsors will sooner or later hit a point where the cosumer demand for new games will be higher then the games they can deliver and that would ruin them aswell

btw. i played alot of the novel games but most of them cant be ported properly (due to input mechanics) and alot of them have quite bad bugs (mostly after clicking the "play again" button)

so dont expect a wave of hyper quality games, i think the price they offer is reasonable for most of the games, for a few its still bit low

Quality of these games are low. These kind of games are already available on marketjs and no1 buys that.

I will disagree with Daikrys as more ppl make html5 games prices will come down to a point and then it will be stable. I believe bulk of income in future might be from booster media as more html5 portals pop up.