FightMagicRun #3 Aug 2 - Aug 4

Evan Burchard

I just wanted to give my opinions on some of the games. I'm not sure if it would be bad etiquette to critique, especially considering the time frame and my own lack of experience, but I always prefer feedback rather than silence.

Psychho, I've never made a 3d game in my life, so it's very impressive to me that you can get something that looks that good and works that smoothly in such a short period of time. I only have one criticism and that is the game is simply you are in a maze and have to get out, there is no spin on the theme or hook of any kind to make it unique. Still very impressive though.

Rune. I enjoyed your game and think there is a lot of potential for further development. I think it would look better with lots of colorful shapes, rather than black and white. I couldn't get very far but I shall be back to play some more.

Kakus. That seems like a very interesting idea. Although dragging the  mouse doesn't work correctly because it  misses boxes, which means I have to click each separately, which kind of ruins the game play. Good idea though that could be developed into a good game.

And Soybean I've already said I like your's. I think because the light that shrinks is an original idea that makes it stand out.

As for my own game. I'm really enjoyng playing it. lol There are some problems with the collision detection, due to the fact I am too thick to understand any line circle collision tutorials. So I have a speed cap on the mouse movement. You move too much in one go and you lose. Which is a problem because how fast you can move greatly varies. Also the one I uploaded there was a slight problem, if you moved too fast while you are in the start box you can go through the mines. Just a changing an else if, into an if statement fixed that. But I won't upload any changes until the competition is over. Plus I misspelt "off" as "of".

I just wanted to give my opinions on some of the games. I'm not sure if it would be bad etiquette to critique, especially considering the time frame and my own lack of experience, but I always prefer feedback rather than silence.

Psychho, I've never made a 3d game in my life, so it's very impressive to me that you can get something that looks that good and works that smoothly in such a short period of time. I only have one criticism and that is the game is simply you are in a maze and have to get out, there is no spin on the theme or hook of any kind to make it unique. Still very impressive though.

Did you never see my little buddy D:

oRMCLvB.jpg

This was the best contest so far in terms of both quantity and quality.  Ultimately, Dream Of Sleeping pulled it off with the escalating challenge and novel game play found in "Maze Field."  The entries posted on this thread were particularly strong. 

Congrats to @dreamofsleeping and to all who participated.  You made awesome games.

The games are all here if you want to play the other entries (10 altogether): http://fightmagicrun.com/maze

Thank you for your review Dream Of Sleeping. I must say that if I could vote for the winning game it will be yours. Really enjoyed playing it.

As you said that in my game mouse doesn't respond very well, it is mostly because i have some bottlenecks in code. It runs quiet good on chrome and really bad on firefox :(.

I think this jam has really good theme.

Congratulation for everyone for making such nice games !

Congrats Dreams of Sleeping really unique game and great idea, iv honestly been playing your game on and off all day. Does it work on mobile?

Great contest, I also freaking loved Song of the Faithful mind by M_B_Lawrence add in some boundaries around the side so the player cant escape and I would play that game for hours.

Congrats Dreams of Sleeping really unique game and great idea, iv honestly been playing your game on and off all day. Does it work on mobile?

No, I've never made a game for mobile. I don't even own a touch screen device. Mainly because of my phobia of wifi, I wouldn't be able to test it. Pretty ridiculous for someone who makes html5 games.