Cloud-Based Multiplayer Gaming Engine for HTML5

suyashmshephertz

Shephertz Technologies' AppWARP also has support for HTML5

With AppWarp you can create real-time multiplayer games without writing single line of server code. You can simply make calls to our server through APIs and exchange messages with players in real-time. The HTML5 SDK is 100% compatible with all frameworks, allowing developers to make realtime multiplayer games in their favorite framework. 

It features room/lobbies. Every room has some properties that can be set easily whenever developer want. You can even assign custom data to players and rooms.

Another feature is Match Making. We have great documentation too.

There are several features apart from above. Please check out our website http://www.shephertz.com/

API Reference - https://github.com/shephertz/AppWarpDeveloper/wiki/HTML5-Home 

The above link contains: SDK Download link, API reference, Tutorial, Samples Walk-through, Introduction, etc

HTML5 Game made with AppWarp :- https://apps.facebook.com/junglechaos/

If this framework can make any game from any framework into a real-time online game then it must be unoptimized as fuck.

That makes no sense at all. All they provide is an API (and a very comprehensive one from what I've seen of it). How you implement that is up to you. The speed of their servers/API is what counts, but unless you've actual evidence to prove it's not performing well then lay off the attitude.

That makes no sense at all. All they provide is an API (and a very comprehensive one from what I've seen of it). How you implement that is up to you. The speed of their servers/API is what counts, but unless you've actual evidence to prove it's not performing well then lay off the attitude.

Nevermind I misinterpreted this salesman and thought the framework was made specifically for real-time games.

Could you provide some direct links to the documentation on how to use your API with html5 please? I looked for a while on your site but it took ages to find. I think devs here would really benefit from that (maybe edit your original post to include those links) plus include any examples of games already using it (not native apps but html5 games).

Could you provide some direct links to the documentation on how to use your API with html5 please? I looked for a while on your site but it took ages to find. I think devs here would really benefit from that (maybe edit your original post to include those links) plus include any examples of games already using it (not native apps but html5 games).

Done :)

I am not a salesman, I am one of the developer working on this technology. I maintain the HTML5 branch of our SDK.

This SDK is made specifically for real-time multiplayer gaming.

The reason to post here, was to see the response of developers so that we can enhance our SDKs.

Is there any movement handling system or latency compensation system?

I couldnt find anything in the docs.

Is there any movement handling system or latency compensation system?

I couldnt find anything in the docs.

No there is no specifically movement handling as giving such feature might restrict our SDK to a particular type of games only. Currently you can create lot of types of multiplayer games from MMO to turn based with our SDK.

But creating a movement handling system will not be difficult, you can easily implement that too.

For latency compensation, we have used good servers and our back-end utilizes lots of efficiency and optimization techniques to compensate the latency.

Please do try our service, its free for 3 months and see the difference yourself, you will definitely like it.

No there is no specifically movement handling as giving such feature might restrict our SDK to a particular type of games only. Currently you can create lot of types of multiplayer games from MMO to turn based with our SDK.

But creating a movement handling system will not be difficult, you can easily implement that too.

For latency compensation, we have used good servers and our back-end utilizes lots of efficiency and optimization techniques to compensate the latency.

Please do try our service, its free for 3 months and see the difference yourself, you will definitely like it.

If you're SDK doesn't include latency compensation or a built in movement system, I cant see any reason to use your paid service over just plain websockets considering i'm just sending messages back and forth. And you shouldn't advertise as a real-time SDK if you don't even have latency compensation, which is needed to build any game that actually has real-time movement -__-.

If you're SDK doesn't include latency compensation or a built in movement system, I cant see any reason to use your paid service over just plain websockets considering i'm just sending messages back and forth. And you shouldn't advertise as a real-time SDK if you don't even have latency compensation, which is needed to build any game that actually has real-time movement -__-.

You should read my reply once again   ;) 

And yes you can write your own server side coding.

1. Buy your own server

2. Write server side code

3. Write your own logic for maintaining rooms/lobbies and user information

4. Double up your work by writing both client and server coding or hire a team to do it for you.

5. Then wonder how would you scale it as users increases.

Oopss!!! I guess till now you would have already paid a lot of money  ;)