Rope Ninja - Okijin Games

OkijinGames

Hi Everyone,

Here is my latest game Rope Ninja.

post-5497-0-09535300-1439568374.png

In Rope Ninja the player tries to jump from one platform to another by catching birds with a rope using the pull momentum to defy gravity. The further you go the more points you score. You can also collect coins to spend on the "play on" option.

Gameplay Trailer:

Play here: Rope Ninja on Okijin Games

Hope you enjoy it, feel free to let me know any issue, your feedback is welcome.

Very nice game, I really enjoyed it!

Some tips:

- It ran very slow during the tutorial in my iPod Touch 5G, after that, the framerate was nice;

- The portrait viewport is a little small in my 4" screen device, maybe you can zoom-in it a little?

That's it! Good luck with sales.

Very nice game, I really enjoyed it!

Some tips:

- It ran very slow during the tutorial in my iPod Touch 5G, after that, the framerate was nice;

- The portrait viewport is a little small in my 4" screen device, maybe you can zoom-in it a little?

That's it! Good luck with sales.

I will see what I can do regarding the framerate, did not test on iPod previously.

Regarding the zoom it may be a bit tricky as zoming in would reduce the horizontal space so I may have to find the right value to keep the game playable (at the moment it keeps the same on both orientation which is why the content is much smaller for portrait)

Thanks for the feedback! 

Amazing! I love the idea, is it original or inspired?

Thanks!

The idea is original (or if there is already a game using it I am not aware of), I was looking for a mechanic similar to my previous game "Sticky Goo" but with horizontal scrolling and only one direction for the touch control (as opposed to left and right like in Sticky Goo), the idea came after some play test with various mechanics starting from there (hold to stick to walls) and evolved to using a rope.

I love this artstyle:) The only thing I would change when it comes to the graphics and animation is tweening of these branches on the foreground - sudden changes of moving direction looks a little bit strange. 

Funny idea with master Sabu! :)

The gameplay is ok but for me not as addictive as Sticky Goo :)

I love this artstyle:) The only thing I would change when it comes to the graphics and animation is tweening of these branches on the foreground - sudden changes of moving direction looks a little bit strange. 

Funny idea with master Sabu! :)

The gameplay is ok but for me not as addictive as Sticky Goo :)

Thanks!

During "live" playtesting (with friends etc...) I noticed that many could understand the gameplay only after seeing me playing a bit in front of them (some where just tapping fast, others would only tap and hold once) So I thought for the tutorial that if I could show a quick gameplay example, most players would immediately get the idea. That's why I decided to make the tutorial with Master Sabu :)

Really awesome! Great art, mechanics, sounds and music to match.

Very fun!

Thanks for the feedback!