Finally released my first game on the app stores

saibotlive

After years of focusing on my full time job, I was finally able to complete my first game with an ex-colleague designer / friend of mine.

The game is called Mr Okada and it is based in Lagos, Nigeria where I grew up for the first 20 years of my life.

The game was created with phaser and packaged with cocoon. It is basically a simple swipe up and down game to pick up items/passengers and avoid other vehicles, with a bit of a background story of the main character.

http://www.bisonplay.com/media

IMG_1198.PNG

IMG_1200.PNG

IMG_1201.PNG

IMG_1202.PNG

11 hours ago, bruno_ said:

Looks great.

Having to pay for the game makes it harder to be downloaded (even being very cheap).

I think you would get more revenue if it was free with ads.

@bruno_ I've never thought about this, how would it work? Obviously the ads would only be visible before and after gameplay? How much on average could I make with ads?

I use admob from google. There's a plugin for cordova: https://github.com/floatinghotpot/cordova-admob-pro

You could add an interstitial (full screen ad) in a menu transition, and a banner in the menus.

They pay per click. All ads have different values, it's hard to say how much you will make.

You can see the ads in my game for android (in my signature) to see how they show.

• 3 weeks later...

Got it, played it. I love the authentic feel to it. The first level is a little fast though, maybe slow it down. The style is really good.

I like the sound effects, the accent and speech is perfect! He said, you de craze when I bumped him, I was looking for my horn to beep him :lol: and tell him Look at you, look at your head.

Good work, keep it going.

Thanks @Umz, I did all the voice acting for the male voices and my wife did the female ones. The first level is deliberately fast, a way for it to take more time for players as I plan to add more levels at the end of the year or early January. The funny thing is that my cousins just under 13 seem to have finished the first 3 levels in one playthrough ?.

7 minutes ago, saibotlive said:

Thanks @Umz, I did all the voice acting for the male voices and my wife did the female ones. The first level is deliberately fast, a way for it to take more time for players as I plan to add more levels at the end of the year or early January. The funny thing is that my cousins just under 13 seem to have finished the first 3 levels in one playthrough ?.

Yea same. It's not overly difficult or long, so it's quick to go through. Only takes a little skill and learning to go through the levels. 

But I really enjoy the fun factor, reminds me of Lagos, except the roads :lol: the roads in the game were too clear, too clean and too empty. Hahah, the real roads are 20x busier. Ah, and no Hawkers??