Munchie Bob (Construct 2)

tumira

Hi

This game was built using Construct 2. The assets was done using Inkscape. It was fun doing a puzzle game, the toughest one was when doing the level design. I dont want the game to be too easy, but I dont want it to be too difficult. Hope you enjoy it as much as how I enjoyed designing this game. The game has about 30 levels.

http://tumira.byethost7.com/MunchieBob/

post-5030-0-68963600-1387869730.png

post-5030-0-47551900-1387869733.png

post-5030-0-63815300-1387869736.png

post-5030-0-37975000-1387869743.png

Hi True Valhalla. Thank you for your feedback.

My answer for you is : Yes and No.

I admit I got the idea for the mechanics of the cupcakes from one of your game . But to call my game not original and blatant clone of your game is just plain wrong. Since most of your game mechanics also is just another copy of Chip's Challenge or Chuck's challenge game that was invented in 1980s . (I played the game when I was a kid)

To be honest I was trying to make the game more of Chip's Challenge clone than your game. And most puzzle(top down) game on the site and App Store or Android copies the idea or mechanic of Chip's Challenge. Since that is really a great game.

Some of the Chips Challenge remake using javascript

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~af380/CHIP/JSChipDocs.html

I hope you are happy with my answer.

I like the game, it's fun to play and the graphics are cool too, the only annoying thing is 7sec between each level (since it's useless outside of mobile browsers i guess you can make an exception to not display it right ? ) 

@True Valhalla

Is it a little bit rude to call someone's work  a " fairly blatant clone "  :P  ? 

Please don't get this the wrong way but the guy is just making a game that he want to make, it just happened that his game is inspired by your game and another old school game. and honestly if i were you, i would be happy to see people cloning my game, actually it would make me proud of my work B)  

It's more than "a little rude" to blatantly copy someone's work. And bare in mind, this isn't even my game, it's just one I publish.

You might be happy having your work cloned but how do you expect me to sell a game if a clone has already been sold to the client? In this case, Cookie Chomp has already been distributed far and wide so it only makes it harder for Tumira to license his clone, but it still impacts my business.

Well that's exactly why you should not feel anything bad about this, you're game is already out and sold so this will do no harm to you and if you are worried about future risks then am sure that you know better than me that this is a part of the business and blaming people for cloning your games is just a waste of time, plus, i really believe that great games cannot be cloned ;), they can copy everything, but they will never be able to clone the spirit of the game  :wub:

It's more than "a little rude" to blatantly copy someone's work. And bare in mind, this isn't even my game, it's just one I publish.

You might be happy having your work cloned but how do you expect me to sell a game if a clone has already been sold to the client? In this case, Cookie Chomp has already been distributed far and wide so it only makes it harder for Tumira to license his clone, but it still impacts my business.

TrueValhalla does have a point, it does look very similar to his published title. You could have changed the theme of the characters to maybe a snowman that leaves icicles behind or something else in general. In my opinion I see too much of a comparison.