Ways to Achieve Ragdoll Effect using Cannon.js?

Raggar

I honestly can't take credit for any of it. It goes to Samuel.

Right now I'm having trouble getting the native CannonJS version to roar. I can easily create decent ragdolls using ConeTwist- and HingeConstraints, but for some reason they are ....twisted when I apply them to the current project. Starting from scratch (Like the very first PG in this thread) does not have the same issues. Weirdness. I'll keep at it, and maybe start over at some point.

I'd like to try one of the methods mentioned above.

Let's say I have a model cut into limbs. Shoulder, upper arm, lower arm and hand. All 4 have bones influencing them. Now, if you shoot the lower arm, the lower arm and hand meshes are detached from the skeleton to create some dismemberment. But that would give like a minimum of 15 models, and I'm not sure whether or not it would be possible to merge these and keep the weights of the vertices, and then still be able to pick these sub-parts and remove them from the merged mesh. 

Works indeed. Very nice.

I'll see if I can recreate the old man using the new function at some point when I have more time.

Here's a version of the demo in native CannonJS. It has replay issues, but other than that, works as expected.

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#G9ZBQ1#11

Edit: New Version: http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#G9ZBQ1#13