How to test the performance of a phaser game?

agonya

Hi, 

I am trying to make a game for mobile, how can I test my game in terms of its performance, I am trying on devices but it takes my time a lot, testing the game every time. And one other question is what do you think about the phaser's future? I mean, nowadays I read about some performance issues when running phaser games on mobile. Should I choose any other programming language to make mobile games? I like phaser but if it will not good for mobile, I will have to pass any other programming language like java, instead of javascript.

I think html5 games and apps (either they use phaser or other libraries) are here to stay.

The smartphones are more powerful every day, and new developments like web assembly or new apis for javascript multi threading will help improve performance.

If your games are intensive 3D or VR, full hd or 4k... javascript may not be there yet... But if they are more simple 2D games that's ok.

Like you said, you have to test. I test them manually, so I can't help you improve in that way.

@bruno_ my target is 2d games, I do not know why but I was playing nes games in late 90's, I have good memories. So I want to make 2d games especially for mobile but most of time it is lagging, fps is around 45-50 for S3, although the game is basic. And I believe I will do more complex games with Phaser and these games will require more CPU for mobile. And there is no sense if I will not able to deploy them to mobile, I do not care their performance on pc. By the way thanks for the reply.  

Are the games cordova? If they are, try to use crosswalk to get better performance.

S3 is a 2012 phone. 45-50 fps is not bad for a 5 year old phone.

Is the resolution too high? Lower resolution will have better fps.

@bruno_ no I used cocoonjs to wrap the game. I used high resolution imgs, but does it matter? Because I shrink their size by using "scale"  method, but I will try lower resolutions, that is worthy. 

@Otho yes I tried it but I couldn't succeed because it works only on pc, not on mobile. When I try to open the "localhost/nameofproject" on my mobile phone with Google dev, it cannot find the page, I think I do something wrong. 

1 minute ago, agonya said:

@bruno_ no I used cocoonjs to wrap the game. I used high resolution imgs, but does it matter? Because I shrink their size by using "scale"  method, but I will try lower resolutions, that is worthy. 

Cocoon uses crosswalk, it should be fine.

High resolution images may have some impact in devices with low end GPUs.

Try to use smaller images instead, to see if you can gain some fps.

• 4 months later...