Squares Vs Circles - Mobile Puzzle Game

jamespierce

Play Link: Squares Vs Circles Game

logo.png.0de992ad96dcfca336553ee06d0d8409.png

Circles don't like Squares, because Squares have edges...

Welcome to this fun mobile Puzzle Game

You tap Squares to toggle their position: defensive or vulnerable. Toggle smart to survive against the incoming Circles.

There are different Square types that require different strategies:
- Normal Square
- Lazy Square
- Coward Square

This is my first Puzzle game. If you guys like it, I will add more levels :) Have fun!

Play Link: Squares Vs Circles Game

screenshot-1-small.png.24d82ed7d9165d3b485a4ddcc0884c8f.pngscreenshot-3-small.png.962da049952e0dd351646e33d93c6cf9.png

13 hours ago, ozogames said:

Really like the simplicity and ease of it. Great game. Yes, please add more levels. Once you're done and if you allow I'd love to embed it one my site ozogames. com

Keep it up.

PS- really like the background- really relaxing

Thank you so much for your great feedback! You can't imagine how good it feels to create something that people play. Or probably you already know what that feels like :D

Anyways, I've added more levels to the game! Actually several people asked me to do so already on the first day of release, I would have never guessed people would play it for so long on the first day.

Regrading licensing the game to put on your website, I've sent you a private message here on the forum.

The background pictures and other assets were downloaded from opengameart and they are all under the CCO license. You will find the artist's names in the credits.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a really fun and simple game. I like it! Want to see a more rewarding animation when the circles are killed though.. Smash into bits and fall off screen kind of win haha. But the animations, transitions and everything are really smooth. Clean game with a nice finish.

How long was the development time on this??

8 hours ago, Umz said:

This is a really fun and simple game. I like it! Want to see a more rewarding animation when the circles are killed though.. Smash into bits and fall off screen kind of win haha. But the animations, transitions and everything are really smooth. Clean game with a nice finish.

How long was the development time on this??

@Umz thank you so much for playing and even submitting valuable feedback! I like that you coined the term 'more rewarding animations'.

I am a programmer and I am definitely lacking on the artistic side, always trying to improve with each game. More satisfying animations like you've mentioned is something I need to focus on more. Sometimes I have a great idea but if I can't find any CC0 licensed assets, I cannot make it work. I tried drawing myself many times but that was a disaster every time. I know it's still a long way to go, hopefully one day I can license my games & re-invest the money to hire an artist on a 'per-project-basis'.

Regarding development time, I didn't track the exact hours but I can summarize like this:
- I started on a Tuesday & finished Saturday the same week
- I worked on it evenings / nights after work
- The week after, I think it was on a Monday, I added 8 more levels to the game

I hope this gives you some kind of a vague idea. Sorry I can't be more detailed than that.