Huggernaut – cute platformer with grappling hooks but no jumping

Nallebeorn

AGHero.png.29bcd524bd872599c835f0300c8aa80d.png

In Huggernaut, you can't jump. But that's no big deal. Not when you've got a grappling hook! A grappling hook you'll make good use of as you try to hug all your friends~!
Huggernaut is a cute, colorful and challenging platformer which has you swing around with your hook in 23 levels. 

Are you fast enough to get a star on every level? Well, if you are there's always the speedrun mode which let's you play through the entire game in one go with a timer. And if you're not... Then remember all that matters is that you enjoyed the attempt! ^^

PLAY ON KONGREGATE HERE

Don't forget to rate the game too if you have a Kong account! :)

HuggernautScreenshotB-0.png.321a6a526b1d55282200189a5eb77cb3.pngHuggernautScreenshotB-1.png.144bf9d09c3e25a8a2c7fd13faf12078.pngHuggernautScreenshotB-2.png.8fd0ce96d459d59de06b9a66e5f6477a.png

Huggernaut was made with GameMaker Studio 2. I originally made it for a 72 hour jam (the GMC Jam #6, on the GameMaker community forum), which it actually won. Then I updated it, with better controls, some visual eye-candy and more levels etc and decided to focus on the HTML5 build. It's the first game I've made that's received any real attention, with ~20k plays across all portals. That might not be much for many of you, but I'm still proud of it! ^^

That was super fun to play! I really like how the music fits the game flow, i.e. calm elevator music in the lobby, exciting music when the level starts, then a kind of action feel when time is running low and of course the mario-like sounds your huggernaut makes when he flies through the air. It gives the game so much character, I really like it!

Very fun to hear all of you liked the game!

1 hour ago, jamespierce said:

That was super fun to play! I really like how the music fits the game flow, i.e. calm elevator music in the lobby, exciting music when the level starts, then a kind of action feel when time is running low and of course the mario-like sounds your huggernaut makes when he flies through the air. It gives the game so much character, I really like it!

Don't know if you noticed, but the idle animations as well as all the menu/level cleared screen animations are also synced to the BPM of the current song :) Other than that, the music is courtesy of free music legend Kevin MacLeod.