HTML5GameEngine.com - List of Engines

austin

I've just finished up HTML5GameEngine.com - the goal is to have a place to find, compare, and rate HTML5 Game Engines. Sure, this list on GitHub is nice, but it's limited in what it can do.

Listed are each of the game engines I'm aware of that are stable and actively updated. Under the "More Details" link is a basic description, ratings, sample games, and important links.

I'd appreciate any feedback!

Hey Austin,

interesting project. Side looks clean and you focus on the key element, the game engines list, that is good imho. 

Really like  add a review feature, tags description and that you added links to example games. 

Do not know - maybe you should separate costs into price and license.

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen a whole lot of activity from Tululoo recently. The goal with the list to to have the actively maintained and respected engines. This implies it hasn't been updated in over 5 months, and the most recent version was just a small change. 

• 1 month later...

Florian reached out to me about that a couple of weeks ago. To this point I haven't really seen any games developed with it, so I'm holding off on adding it for now. 

I've had to reject a lot of engines from the list in order to maintain a smaller, high quality subset of the presumably hundreds of game engines out there. 

I've had to reject a lot of engines from the list in order to maintain a smaller, high quality subset of the presumably hundreds of game engines out there.

somehow not the best idea cause the url says "list of html5 game engines" and not "a list of engines worth mentioned in my personal opinion"

instead i would prefer a seperat section with this quality engines and still try to list all active engines out there

sure this might take a bit of planning to not make a big messed list, but i think you can do that! :)