The Phaser Sandbox is open

rich

Grab your buckets and spades, because the Phaser Sandbox is open for playing :)

It's a Phaser specific version of jsbin or codepen basically.

The blurb:

The Phaser Sandbox allows you to code games in your browser without having to download or install anything.

The powerful editor features Phaser code assists, JavaScript snippets and lots of the features you've come to love in editors like Sublime and Brackets.

Once finished you can save, export or share your game.

code-snippets.gif

You can create code from the templates provided, or start from blank - and feel free to use it to demonstrate things on the forum or even (shudder) file issues on github :) Once saved a sandbox entry won't ever be deleted and you can fork others code and add your own tweaks.

Anyway I'm pretty pleased with this, so please use it :)

Nice!  This is going to be very handy to sometimes demonstrate issues and for others to contribute fixes.

I didn't spot the 'save' functionality straight away, you have to hover over the open tab title... but where's the export?

The new examples 'looks' like you should be able to live edit/run the code, it lets you edit the code and the rocket button says run code.  It's what I've always wanted to do on those pages, any plans for this?

You can CTRL-S at any point to save the code too.

You can edit the examples and run the code using the editor on those pages too - it just doesn't save your work, or have any of the code insight stuff. One day I may merge the two, but I need to get the new docs system sorted out first.

Oh, editing the examples doesn't work for me in either of these desktop browsers - Firefox, Chrome or IE.  The rocket (run) button doesn't run the edited code, the recycle (reload) button doesn't revert the editied code - should they?

box2d looks great!

but i started with arcade last year .. then switched to p2 because arcade is very limited and now im really good at it .. i'm just lazy and want to be able to rely on my knowledge a little bit longer than 6 months..  also i teach young children game development (while i'm still learning it myself ^^) and i don't want to tell them that they can now throw away what they learned about the framework and it's physics system and now need to pay 45.- to continue working with the framework. (because arcade just isn't enough for our needs) 

also i developed several p2 specific solutions for several problems (like my "one way platforms" or my "throw-able grappling hook", or my "top down view ramps" ) - therefore i'm just glad i just overlooked the p2 examples and rich is keeping it in the framework as first class citizen..

but box2d (i've looked into the examples) looks really clean and useful and some things seem to work better than with p2 - so i'm probably going to give it a serious try at some point..  but i'm quite sure i'm not going to use it in school because it's not free...  i'm teaching foss only ;-)

Oh, editing the examples doesn't work for me in either of these desktop browsers - Firefox, Chrome or IE.  The rocket (run) button doesn't run the edited code, the recycle (reload) button doesn't revert the editied code - should they?

Does now :)

Fixed it today.

Yes that is what Sandbox will eventually become, just tailored more specifically to Phaser. Once we've added the user registration system you'll be able to see saved boxes, yes, but for now you'd need to keep the links to hand somewhere, sorry.

• 1 month later...