[Phaser] Refuge Solitaire

enriqueto

Needed my girlfriend to help me with this as I discovered I was embarrassingly useless without her.  Failed first time as we learnt the game (haven't played this version of solitaire before).  Completed the second with about 4.19 left I think.  Background sounds are nice, only tried to double-tap cards with about 5min left on the second game but found it was better than dragging them.  Quite often when dragging & dropping we found that dragging again from the tableau would't work, with the car just staying there - when this occurred we had to not touch the screen for a couple of seconds, then try again and the card would drag.

As I've never played this version I'm not sure whether you're supposed to be able to see the second card on the tableau piles - however winning the game is much easier if you can, and the game currently lets you by dragging the card off the top pile, then you can just drop the card back down if you don't like what the second card is.  This means that a lot of the game is spent peeking at the second cards but then not making a move, which when you pick up speed makes the dragging issue above appear more.  If peeking a the second card is a legitimate move, it might be more user friendly to have the top of the second card in each pile visible to save from the constant peeking.

• 2 weeks later...

very nice game with cool atmosphere! if you target seniors, you may remove the timer optionnally (especially with firefox which does not display the countdown but runs it anyway leading to an unexpected and not welcomed game over) and rework a bit the controls (or add an undo button) because they are frustrating when played with the laptop"s touchpad : sometimes you drop the card a pixel away from a legal spot and it goes back to the starting position (at the end of the screen of course) or the card stick to an empty position when you had no intention to put it there (if it leads to a blocking state it is very frustating) Maybe you should add visual clues to stack of cards in the tableau to see how many there are in each row and you must ask when a (accidentally) double clicked card has the option to go in the ascending or descending pile. You must also add some separate button to cut the background music (which does not play with firefox). Last you should add a visual tutorial to explain how to play the game since there are so many solitaire rules.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2016 at 4:57 PM, Freshly Squeezed Games LTD said:

Thought the animation in this was very nicely done. And the UI is intuitive. 

Interested to see what the performance is like on Mobile, but judging from the UI I'd say this is targeted mainly for desktop / laptop?

no, it's thought for mobile + desktop