awbummer

phaser
"Norco: Faraway Lights" - a cyberpunk text adventure in the spirit of Snatcher

8 posts in this topic

Hey yall,

I just released a brief demo of Norco: Faraway Lights, a cyberpunk text adventure with a focus on the environmental and industrial histories of rural Louisiana. It features all original, lovingly rendered pixel art and an incredible soundtrack by New Orleans-based composer Gewgawly I. The demo is available for download or to play in your browser on itch.io. Thoughts and feedback are appreciated!

norco-Ad.thumb.jpg.36b1c3369e4d3d9c720c69775a75e044.jpg

58cfe1a41be7e_characters_poster_highrescopy.thumb.png.295c23a8b809afcbb0e012bc18cdce81.pngswamphand.gif.b9aee73f2646c05ba90798500a9361c8.gifneworleanseyes.jpg.1675c00ab1e2446d170f31757913789b.jpg

heron.gif

@awbummer I am not used to playing text adventure games, but this game was pretty catchy:p suggestion: if you plan on adding more music , maybe a player so that you can scroll trough the soundtracks (next previous track)? Nice work!

awbummer likes this

@samid737 The player idea is a great one! i will definitely consider that. Thank you for the suggestion :)

@ProSteveSmith Thank you for the feedback! The full release is about a year out, but I may release a couple more demos in the meantime, and if I do, I'll be sure to drop them in here.

ProSteveSmith likes this

Cool! I played the demo and I love the style and atmosphere. Looking forward to the full game!

awbummer likes this