What's next?

GameMonetize

17 hours ago, Deltakosh said:

Interesting one!

Initially I thought it was not required as you can do: mesh.subMeshes = source.subMeshes.slice(0)

Are you sure we can ? I don't fully understand how SubMesh are implemented, but it seems copying the array would not set subMesh._mesh or subMesh._renderingMesh, 

My playground was deleted, seems i make someone is unhappy, my bad.
just to show that we live in a modern cultured society, the user should be given a reason for deletion, as well as the intervention of mods or admins.

Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, Nabroski said:

My playground was deleted, seems i make someone is unhappy, my bad.
just to show that we live in a modern cultured society, the user should be given a reason for deletion, as well as the intervention of mods or admins.

Mine too, but why would you assume it's a deletion ? It looks like a bug...

14 hours ago, Deltakosh said:

Guys! How can you think I could remove anything? Didn't I prove I was not like that during the last 6 years?

Who knows? With summer heat like this? People tend to do crazy things. Bad things. Horrible things...
Where's my hammer?

• 2 weeks later...

About the Inspector, it could be a nice enhancement to get some infos inside popups for some properties, like in Blender for example. This could give us something like that:

LnWhpfc.png

If possible, having a right click > copy js data could be a great bonus (with that, you should be able to get direct access to a material or a mesh, for example: scene.getMeshByName("myWonderfulName") )

[edit] github issue: https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/issues/4772

Edited by V!nc3r
added github link

• 1 month later...

RTX2080 ti... Should I buy it? ;)

In other words.. how far are we from implementing any live ray tracing features for BabylonJS, to take advantage of the new RTX cards that will be launched next month by Nvidia?

For the uninformed: hot news. Nvidia is launching a new technology that will change graphics as we know them today. Shadows and lighting will become hyper realistic. The announcement from Nvidia is fresh: hours!

..it would be sooo cool if we could support any of this in BabylonJS! Imagine the possibilities!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gang.  I think I will have a need/desire for an "onPointerHeld" event/observable for BJS GUI events.

Possible?  Would someone consider coding it for me/us?  That would be great.

IF... onPointerOut could be repeatedly polled WHILE onPointerHeld was active/repeating, that would be nice, too.  If user's pointer drifts off-of the control, heldPointer cancels.

Case:  Momentary (spring-loaded) rocker/toggle switch, with auto-return-to-center/off.  When held depressed, it repeatedly/constantly does... something:)

Extra credit for "repeat rate" (how quickly observer-polled)... but, maybe that is done in the handler (only react to every 10th repeated event, for example).

I don't know much about "pointer/button held" things.  Does it stream events repeatedly?  I have so much to learn.  Teachings/corrections welcome, thx.

Hey, thx for the setInterval idea, DK & Lihis (in pm)

MeshWriter is still being discovered, @The Leftover!  Does it need some WD-40?  Is it getting rusty?  How many future hi-tech-looking advertisements and game intros... will fly-into-view text like... "From the Makers of Serious Sam..." (you know, big chrome fonts... big music, lots of hoopla)?  Lots to come.

Using webGL for those "holy crap" game intros and company ads... is just getting started.  No video, no rendering farms, just big chrome-like meshWriter words... smacking users in the face... with blasts of sparkly particles and camera shakes!  BA-BOOM... from the makers of Lite Brite...  BA-BOOM... comes a game SO amazing...  BA-BOOM... that you will forget to pee!

All of it, in real time.  No video.  No post-processing or rendering.  It's easily usable on standard webpages (html5 canvas), without a flash player, without a video player, without a Java applet.  Just good ol' webGL (with BJS easifier) producing a screen full of dazzle.  Love it.

Aren't ya kind of tired of media players fighting over who gets to be "your one-stop media playing app"?  That fight has been going-on for 25 years.  Realplayer, WinAmp, Win Media Player, VLC, BSPlayer, KLite CoDec packs, on and on.  Time to wave the white flag and eat some webM and drink some OGG.  (What did he say?)

WebGL.  YUM!  Versatile, powerful, and easy.  With enough flashing lights, sparkly particles, and chrome-coated fonts/words, we can do some SERIOUS hoopla.  Add a little John Phillip Sousa music, and we got us a parade!  YAY!

Probably smarter to fly the camera into the words, instead of the words into the camera.  Looks the same in the end.

Nah, meshWriter better not go anywhere, in case you were thinking of moth-balling it.  Its very bright future is sure to arrive.  It helps if you remember the days of "cracking screens" and the competitions to see who could do the best "TA DA!" hoopla.  Websites will be introducing themselves similar to movie intros/trailers... more and more.  I promise.  :)  Flying 3d fonts have a big future, I suspect.  Wait for the 2nd and 3rd "wave" of webGL fanatics to arrive, and then look at your usage stats.  :) You'll have 100 emails per day of feature-add requests... friggin' puppy stampede.  heh.

• 2 months later...

Are .hdr files going to be added as valid input to HdrCubeTextures?  Using DDS containers seems odd in the face of an actual file format for this purpose.  Is there a WebGL problem being danced around here?  Blender does directly support .hdr files for enviroment textures & their implementation of a skybox.  Pretty sure a DDS file is not going to work.  Trying to get something which will directly export that both sides actually use.