Interstitial Ads Impressions in Games?

away168

Hi guys,

I'm kinda new of this ads thing, but I really want to know on how things work. I want to display interstitial ads for every round I could give. Does that counts as multiple impressions? Say you have an endless running game, and when the game is over you display the interstitial ads, and do it all over again.

If it isn't, do you know any ads that would agree on that terms? or maybe there are some better tricks to make it work?

This is very important for me because I don't want to show the Players too much ads if less ads to display works almost the same (unless the intention is to give more chance for Players to click on it).

Thanks!

Each time you show the ad counts as one impression.

Showing an interstitial between levels or rounds of play is common practice so your plan is good, but what you might want to do is setup a timer in your game and only show the ad if a certain amount of time has passed so bad players who keep dying after just 10 seconds won't be bombarded with ads.

Each time you show the ad counts as one impression.

Showing an interstitial between levels or rounds of play is common practice so your plan is good, but what you might want to do is setup a timer in your game and only show the ad if a certain amount of time has passed so bad players who keep dying after just 10 seconds won't be bombarded with ads.

Just to confirm, so technically, if I put the ads in a simple HTML <div>, hide it (CSS display: none), and then show it every time the game is over, I'll get one impression each from that?

Yes I will put that timer.

I believe that if you hide it like that then it's just one impression no matter how many times you show it, plus it will be the same ad every time. You need to reload a fresh ad each time you show it to count as multiple impressions. How else will the ad company know that you're showing the ad multiple times.

But as Sandy234 pointed out It's usually clicks that earn you the money.

I believe that if you hide it like that then it's just one impression no matter how many times you show it, plus it will be the same ad every time. You need to reload a fresh ad each time you show it to count as multiple impressions. How else will the ad company know that you're showing the ad multiple times.

But as Sandy234 pointed out It's usually clicks that earn you the money.

Great thanks for the confirmation!

If you publish your game through Clay.io they have a very easy way to integrate ads. Also have a look at Admob: It was mentioned on this post: http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/3754-ad-network-for-web-game/

Thank you for your suggestion. As for Clay.io related, I'm currently trying to reduce as many middlemen as I can, which means yes Clay.io and alike would be my last option in ads integration. As for Admob, I still don't feel the love from them about HTML5 games yet (just website or flash games). But I will try to contact them to make sure. I think it has been discussed in this forum as well but I forget which thread.

• 3 months later...