Basketball Touch

K1kk0z90

Hi all! :)

I've just registered to this forum, and I'm very new to make HTML5 games. I want to show you this game that I made with GameMaker: Studio, it's called Basketball Touch.

PLAY IT ON MOBILE

basketball-touch-screen.jpg

Basketball Touch is a very simple HTML5 game optimized for mobile, based on physics. The object of the game is to score as many baskets as you can in two minutes. There is a score multiplier, which is incremented when you score a basket, but it will be reset to 1 in few seconds if you don't score another basket.

To throw the ball simply touch (or click) on screen: the direction and force of the shot will depend on the position of your finger relative to the ball to throw.

Let me know what you think. :)

Edit: updated the post to show last version of the game.

Edited by K1kk0z90

• 4 weeks later...

Very strange, I have tested it with my iPod Touch 4th gen with iOS 5 and with my iPad 3rd gen with iOS6. I have tested logged in Clay.io, with a Guest account, and logged out, and always worked. Maybe could you try again later? Perhaps there was a server problem the moment you tried. Thank you for your feedback!

Anyone else has problems viewing the game?

Thank you in advance!

Nice game! Physics are perfect and keep you hooked.

Graphics are OK, I like the net animation.

Maybe there could be a penalty for spamming balls quickly (like decreasing timer by 2-3 seconds for every ball thrown).

Also, it would be more intuitive to press on the ball and drag to the opposite vector of the throw (like in many archer games).

I haven't got a clue about why the game doesn't work on iOS 6 on iPod Touch (and probably also iPhones then).

I'll try to investigate. Thank you very much for letting me know if the game does not work!

EDIT: I solved the problem! :)

Now the game works also on iPod Touch (4th gen) with iOS 6. I've tried many different things to isolate the problem. Finally I understood that the problem was that I had set too big texture pages (2048x2048). Setting them to 1024x1024 solved the problem. I'll publish a new version soon.

@totor and @AhmedElyamani: thank you again for letting me know that the game did not work on iPod with iOS 6!

Version 2.1 is out! :)

It features some little adjustments, and it now works on iPod Touch 4th gen with iOS 6. Thank you all for your feedback! :)

Unluckly performance on iPod Touch 4th gen is not that great. It's strange that performance were better with iOS 5 than with iOS 6. I will try to improve performance. Anyway the game runs greatly on iPad, Nexus 7, and on my Nokia Lumia 520 (Windows Phone 8 low-end device). IE10 is really a great browser!

In a future version I'm planning to have music and sound fx, but at the moment I'm having trouble with the latter.