WebGL Not Working for Babylon.js in Firefox and Chrome, on Windows and Mac

Kingmarc77

Here is my simple code:

<html>    <head></head>    <body>        <canvas id="renderCanvas"></canvas>        <script src="jquery-2.1.4.min.js"></script>        <script src="babylon.2.2.max.js"></script>        <script>            var canvas = $("#renderCanvas");            var engine = new BABYLON.Engine(canvas, true);            var scene = new BABYLON.Scene(engine);            var camera = new BABYLON.ArcRotateCamera("Camera", 1, 2, 10, new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 0, 0), scene);            scene.activeCamera.attachControl(camera);            engine.runRenderLoop(function () {                scene.render();            });        </script>    </body></html>

When I open that with jQuery and BabylonJS in the same directory, I get this error in Firebug:

Error: WebGL not supported

It works in neither Firefox nor Chrome.

WebGL does otherwise work. I can, for example, run https://videos.cdn.mozilla.net/uploads/mozhacks/flight-of-the-navigator/ and the Three.js examples.

I get this same problem on both my Windows and my Mac.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Here is my Firefox-configuration on Windows:

post-16828-0-70543800-1444506192_thumb.p

It's because your canvas is a JQuery element, instead of being a DOM element.

Replace this line by : 

var canvas = document.getElementById("renderCanvas");

or : 

var canvas = $("#renderCanvas").get(0); // returns the DOM element linked to the jquery element

Thank you! :)

Also, the scene.activeCamera.attachControl(camera); line wanted changing to camera.attachControl(canvas);.

Now I can finally start working with BabylonJS! Thank you all! :)

• 5 months later...

you tourrr.babylon files aren't served by your web server (http error 404)

This is a web server configuration error, not a BJS one.

What webserver are you using ? it seems it's a nginx server after some hacking, so not Windows OS

Are you sure that your tourrr.babylon files have the correct rights to be read by the nginx server ?

1 hour ago, vegasgroup said:
the server is linux on Arvixe, I have included MIME babylon ... you can help me I do not understand where I'm wrong I'm sorry :( help me thanks

Doesn't look like linux to me.
Your loading the babylon file from: http://www.arteinart.com/bonci3d/tourrr.babylon
If you open this link in the browser you get an IIS error page -> its a windows server running IIS 8.5