Phaser 2.4.7 is released

rich

phaser-247-released.png

I'm pleased to announce the release of Phaser 2.4.7. This version encompasses another raft of fixes, updates and new features. Many hours of hard work were put in to diligently working through the GitHub issues list, and fixing and closing down as many issues as I possibly could.

My thanks to all those who contributed to this release, either by way of telling us about an issue, providing a fix, or just testing out the release candidate.

There are a few internal changes in 2.4.7, nothing that breaks the public-facing API, but if you do some deep-dive work in Phaser's guts then you may want to check out the change log, and commit history, to be sure it doesn't impact your own code.

Check out Issue 27 of Phaser World for details about the new Camera commands.

http://phaser.io/download/release/2.4.7

Great job Richard! I was so psyched to read about the camera shake feature in Phaser World. It's a feature that I've tried to implement myself with little success ... because if you have the camera following an object, etc, it complicates things vastly. And wow, so many parameters too ... can't wait to try it!

I'm scared to update my game from 2.4.3. (I remember updating to 2.4.6 and my games fps dropped so bad, and I have no idea how to debug it, no errors, no nothing) --- I have a bad feeling about this, haha. But, I want those camera features so bad. I will try it later tonight

Great work as always!

Also just wanted to let you know that upgrading 2.4.6 -> 2.4.7 went without problems.

Where can I read more in details about the new Camera shake effect? I wrote my own one for my current project, but if the built in is better and easy to implement I might as well switch to it.

On 23/4/2016 at 9:39 PM, WombatTurkey said:

I'm scared to update my game from 2.4.3. (I remember updating to 2.4.6 and my games fps dropped so bad, and I have no idea how to debug it, no errors, no nothing) --- I have a bad feeling about this, haha. But, I want those camera features so bad. I will try it later tonight

Great work as always!

Yes, updating 2.4.4 to 2.4.7 have performance degradation, you can test in Android device using IonPhaser: http://market.ionic.io/plugins/ionphaser

Regards, Nicholls

Something very weird has happened with the arcade.overlap function.

I have an overlap check in my update function which worked till now, but now after 1 overlap call, it returns false on consequent calls...

edit: I solved the problem by using the "intersects" function. I realized the overlap function is now used as a listener.. :)

I tried moving from 2.4.4 to 2.4.7 but had the issue with de overlap function. I am comparing a twenning group with a static sprite, and neither the overlap or de collide function work now. I tried also building from the dev branch but that didn`t worked neither , i was just doing this.game.physics.arcade.overlap(group, sprite, callback, null, this ) and now it doesn't work, the function return false allways. Also i tried to add a little velocity to the sprites on the group but didn't work. Any advice? I would like to use some of the new camera features. Thanks for reading!

46 minutes ago, rich said:

No, but for collision tests it wouldn't make any difference anyway.

Sorry, it was just a general question, not related to your reply about collison.  I was just working up to posting an issue, so I created a sandbox but the problem only occurs in canvas mode - it's todo with tinting.  Would be good if the sandbox would let you set the mode to CANVAS/WEBGL/AUTO just like it lets you set the canvas size.  So, within the sandbox, Is it possible to kill then re-create the main Phaser game instance or have another running, I tried but couldn't get it right.

EDIT:

It's ok, I've found found a way to get what I want in the sandbox.

Edited by stupot
Answered my own question

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2016 at 6:54 PM, rich said:

What's the error when using it?

TypeError: Cannot read property 'box2d' of undefined                       phaser.js:72166
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'box2d' of undefined      phaser-rube.js:941

I'm developing using Intel XDK. The phaser-rube.js line 941 is

var world = game.physics.box2d.world;

Here's the order I'm "importing" each library.

<script src="lib/phaser.min.js"></script>
<script src="lib/box2d-plugin-full.js"></script>
<script src="lib/phaser-rube.js"></script>
<script src="src/Game.js"></script>

• rich unpinned this topic