[Phaser] Finn - a little sidescroller

vandijckske

post-6825-0-85437900-1392292135_thumb.pn

post-6825-0-62752700-1392292585_thumb.pn

post-6825-0-37864200-1392292137_thumb.pn

My first game with the phaser framework. It's a browser game where you control a bird & a little guy to help them escape. You can switch between the bird and Finn and need to catch the feathers to stay alive.

This is just the first version of the game and we are probably going to expand the game with more powerups and enemy's in the near future... 

Here is the link to the game if you want to try it out

http://www.siebevd.be/Finn

Let me know what you think about it. 

The art style is absolutely amazing, very inspiring! :)

If this is any help to you: To me it wasn't immediately clear what caused me to lose the game because I didn't notice the energy bar in the top left until after like my 10th retry. Other than that I think the mechanic of switching between the two is really cool, it gives you a sense of connection between the bird and the guy.

Do you have a Twitter where I can follow the development of this game?

Very quaint little app!  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Suggestion:  add some form of an interative time waster while the game is loading.  Even if it's the main character watching the mouse move...  The design is really quite nice and charming.  I did find the controls a little sticky and not as responsive as I would have liked...  But all around, quite nice!

Thanks for all the response & feedback. We made it for an assignment, so the time we had was limited. Our ideas for the game are bigger then the current version, so after fixing the little bugs you all pointed out, we're going to another version with the same graphics but more elements.  

Especially the switching will be made more fun and necessary to avoid obstacles/enemy's. 

I'm really getting excited again about making html5 games after this positive response, so more will follow.

If you want to follow the progress, you can follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/vandijckske ( i made it together with https://twitter.com/jessycordemans so you can give him a follow as well if you are interested )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...