turnA

Hi folks! Another week, another new HTML5 games from me, Vivirus:)

Vivirus is a simple arcade/chain-reaction type of games where you must eat all the virus that invade your body. Tap at the correct moment to eat virus in your radius, and continue to do so until all the virus is eaten. Different virus has different influence on your eating radius and speed, so choose carefully who you will eat next.

Link: j.mp/vivrus

Alternate Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47459072/vivirus/index.html

If you have any problem or feedback, do let me know!
I will really appreciate it! :)

post-4462-0-55749700-1394027012.jpg

post-4462-0-47503300-1394027017.jpg

post-4462-0-47254900-1394027021.jpg

The game plays really well on the desktop. I really like the concept as well.  :)

There are places where the grammar of the help messages is incorrect. You might want to take a look at that.

Ah, I see. I have tried to proofread the text by myself, but something might pass out. Maybe you can help me point out the problem with the grammar (via reply/pm)? :) I'll also consult other with more experience in proofreading.

Btw, thanks for the compliment! :)

Awesome game! Really like how you set the setting, by this I mean the website in general reflects the game, it's incredible how much this adds to the game! Also liked how time is slowed down when we're targeting the next virus to eat, also liked the animations and artwork in general, I quickly understood what player I controlled and differentiation between enemies!

I sometimes found myself wanting to target the purple bad guys instead of the red ones, maybe you could integrate a targeting system? It could even be a powerup :)

In any case, awesome work!

Awesome game! Really like how you set the setting, by this I mean the website in general reflects the game, it's incredible how much this adds to the game! Also liked how time is slowed down when we're targeting the next virus to eat, also liked the animations and artwork in general, I quickly understood what player I controlled and differentiation between enemies!

I sometimes found myself wanting to target the purple bad guys instead of the red ones, maybe you could integrate a targeting system? It could even be a powerup :)

In any case, awesome work!

Thanks for the good words and feedback!

The targeting work that way because I want to really simplify the control (with just one tap). You can only target the closest virus, indicated with white border.

I have revised the game with nice accelorometer effect for mobile browser. If you have the time, please check it on your smartphone :)

Nice game! I love the overall theme, including how you created a custom loader as well.

However, I found an annoying bug, both on the desktop and mobile. If you failed once, and restart, after click/touch the first time to consume a red cell, the white cell extracts the circle far too late, hence you quickly fail again. I happen to find this on the mobile device first and never succeeded so I tried the desktop version. I found the same bug but somehow after several restarts, it works somehow (the circle pops out just after the white cell consumes the red cell)

Nice game! I love the overall theme, including how you created a custom loader as well.

However, I found an annoying bug, both on the desktop and mobile. If you failed once, and restart, after click/touch the first time to consume a red cell, the white cell extracts the circle far too late, hence you quickly fail again. I happen to find this on the mobile device first and never succeeded so I tried the desktop version. I found the same bug but somehow after several restarts, it works somehow (the circle pops out just after the white cell consumes the red cell)

Hi soybean! Long time no see :)

Thanks for the report! I have been unable to replicate it on my place, so I will PM you to get more detail on the error.

Thanks again!

Ah, I see. I have tried to proofread the text by myself, but something might pass out. Maybe you can help me point out the problem with the grammar (via reply/pm)? :) I'll also consult other with more experience in proofreading.

Btw, thanks for the compliment! :)

Hey turnA,

Sorry for the late reply, I got busy with work. I've tried my best to correct the language and keep the voice same across all messages. I do suggest you get someone who is better at language to proofread this so that you can be sure.

Hope this helps -

tap near virus to start eradicate them
Tap near viruses to begin eradicating them

you eat your first virus! you are now inherit his power!
You ate your first virus! You have now inherited its power!

tap now to eradicate nearest virus inside your infection area, singed with white border!
Tap now to eradicate the nearest viruses inside your infection area, marked with a white border!

if you tap too fast or there are no virus to eat inside infection area, the white blood cell will die
If you tap too fast or if there are no viruses to eat in the infection area, the while blood cell will die

continue to eradicate more virus. you pass the level if you can reach minimum 1 star rating.
Continue to eradicate more viruses. You'll pass the level once you reach the minimum 1 star rating.

Hey turnA,

Sorry for the late reply, I got busy with work. I've tried my best to correct the language and keep the voice same across all messages. I do suggest you get someone who is better at language to proofread this so that you can be sure.

Hope this helps -

tap near virus to start eradicate them
Tap near viruses to begin eradicating them

you eat your first virus! you are now inherit his power!
You ate your first virus! You have now inherited its power!

tap now to eradicate nearest virus inside your infection area, singed with white border!
Tap now to eradicate the nearest viruses inside your infection area, marked with a white border!

if you tap too fast or there are no virus to eat inside infection area, the white blood cell will die
If you tap too fast or if there are no viruses to eat in the infection area, the while blood cell will die

continue to eradicate more virus. you pass the level if you can reach minimum 1 star rating.
Continue to eradicate more viruses. You'll pass the level once you reach the minimum 1 star rating.

Thanks for the help prtksxna! This is indeed helpful!  :D

I will recheck it and implement it soon :)

Wow, looks great and nice game idea :) One point critique about the controls;

When there are two (or more) virusses in the radius the player cannot choose which one to attack. So when the player taps I think the game should automatically select a virus within the radius closest to the tap position. Then the game is a little more about strategy.

Also it wasn't immediatly clear to me that the growing red radius was my attack radius (not the white), so the red is more important, maybe switch the colors (outer is red, inner is white)? Or maybe an extra yellow outline around the growing circle?

When there are two (or more) virusses in the radius the player cannot choose which one to attack. So when the player taps I think the game should automatically select a virus within the radius closest to the tap position. Then the game is a little more about strategy.

Hmm, of course...

I think it can be done, but I mainly use my current approach to simplify control for user. User only need to tap to attack the nearest enemy from white blood cell.

I might need to test it first to see how well it perform/how intuitive it is.

Also it wasn't immediatly clear to me that the growing red radius was my attack radius (not the white), so the red is more important, maybe switch the colors (outer is red, inner is white)? Or maybe an extra yellow outline around the growing circle?

Funny you said taht. Actually it was the other way around when we first created it, but since someone think that the attack radius should use stronger color (like red), so we switch it. Adding outline like you said can definitely add the focus on it. we'll see.

Thanks for the detailed feedback, really appreciate it! :)