Babylon Projects

GameMonetize

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

We just released today our new version of Wanaplan : www.wanaplan.com

apollo.png

This is a 3D home planner that was originally built with Three.js, but we decided a while ago to use Babylon instead, and it works fine now, even better :)

We tweaked the engine a little bit to be case-specific, so the renderings are way faster when the number of objects grows (still CPU limited though).

Check it out ! (also available on the french website www.kozikaza.com)

If you see some features you're interested in, and you'd like to implement them in your own project or in babylon.js itself, just give me a heads up.

Cheers,

Feldspar

• 2 weeks later...

A real time traffic visualization, that's what I used Babylon for. Data visualization is probably not the main objective of the Babylon engine, but that is the beauty of a good library: it serves multiple purposes. David, David, Pierre and all other contributors, thank you for providing a great engine!

The Dutch site wegbeeld.nl visualizes traffic speed and flow on the highways in The Netherlands, based on real time open data. The technical goal of the 3D page was clear: how do I display as many car meshes as possible without dropping performance. I kept the meshes extremely simple, no shadows, no collision detection, no complex textures - indeed, for the real 3D enthousiast it's a boring story, but keeping it simple performance is good with 2000-3000 moving instances of the car mesh. Fastest results in Chrome, with IE 11 and Firefox in good second place.

Dynamic textures with alpha channel were very usefull to generate city labels on the fly.

A nice little extra: the lightning is adepting to the time of day. Broad daylight, sunset and night hours result in different directions and colors of the directional light.

So far, the site is only in Dutch, sorry for that, but it's pretty self-explanatory, I think. Left mouse button for moving the camera, right for rotating, scroll wheel for zooming.

wegbeeld-3d-blik-op-nijmegen-avondlicht-

wegbeeld-3d-afsluitdijk-nacht.jpg

In a next project, I'll definitely use Babylon.js again!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, 

Here is my first complete game with Babylon.js : QUARTO !

Based on a famous board game, a player wins by placing four pieces with a common attribute in a line or in a row.

Here is the link : http://pixelcodr.com/games/quarto/index.html

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think :)

Cheers !

quarto.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I figure it's about time to introduce my project:

Requiem For Innocence: Precursors

The plan is to build a community-driven MMO with game play targeted at casual players and small groups. We've been working on various incarnations of the project for almost 10 years now, mostly using it as an excuse to learn new technology, and just as a fun hobby project. As such, we've rewritten it about 5 times now, as we've changed tech, wanted to try new things, or just weren't happy with the tools we chose. Only recently have we decided to actually make a run of it, using all our experience and the evolving indie landscape to our advantage. We think that it should be possible to build a community around a limited set of content and gameplay, and expand as the community expands.

Right now we're in the very early stages, but the project is 100% open source, and very active. (You can check the client out here, and the server out here.) It's built with Babylon.js, Socket.io, AngularJS, Bootstrap and Node.js (for the server).

It's still a little too rough for a live demo, but here's a YouTube video of our first networking test (last night!):

0.jpg

In the next month we plan on releasing the first version (pretty much just what you see in the video), getting a website and a set of forums up, along with a live server.

Here's a project I made for uni, its a scene of a boat with a pirate and their bird. it's inspired by old claymation animations

http://mywobsite.x10.mx/claymationboat/?

- Depth of Field post processing effect

- Bones that look at things

- Astar path finding (with astar.js)

- Lightning

The physics doesn't really work because I ran out of time near the end to fix it

Here's a screenshot:

dli4g9.jpg

Controls:

Use the arrow keys to move, and the mouse to look around, click the left mouse button to kind of launch the ball upwards (if it gets near the bird, the bird will fly down and land on the pirates head)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very clever, Temechon!

My only suggestion is to spend some time on the overall design (fonts, user feedback, fx, high score lists, etc). Aside from that it's a very addicting game. You could polish this up and put on iTunes and be successful with it!

How can you put this on itunes? Phonegap?

• 1 month later...

So thats the bomberman you were talking about, eh? You started later and it looks that good already!? Is it already the final version or do you still work on it? Makes me a bit jealous :P

Pretty cool, I have to test a bit more, but I love the meshes for the objects that you can pick up, they look really cool. I played around (only a tiny little for now) and I had the feeling that the bombs explode a bit too fast. if you place multiple bombs you are almost doomed to be caught in the cross fire. An a bit longer timer would be nice I think. Besides that I experienced some minor graphic bugs.. some flickering boxes and stuff like that, but nothing big.

Overall, really really nice, great job! Makes me want to continue with mine, too, but not sure if I'll have time those days. :D

Hey iiceman, 

Yeah, that's the bomberman i was working on :) I think I started earlier than you, because at the time you created your topic on particles, I already got the character running and the main architecture in place. But your topîc was incredibly useful for my bomb range, so thank you very much :) !

And thank you very much for your kind words ! It's really appreciated :)

I played a bit more and I realized that the bomb timer thing I mentioned isn't really an issue because you get pretty fast with all those sandals around. But picking all of those up makes you really fast and things get a bit hard to control. Maybe you would have to cap the speed at a certain maximum... but it's all fine tuning.

I think the setting looks pretty cool. I like that japanese style and the house/temple model in the background. I also dig that font you used, fits perfectly :D

Two more things:

When I start a game it shows me the preloader with the shuriken, but as soon as this is done and I get to see the scene, it still seems to load the meshes.. it's not all ready yet, you know what I mean?

The other thing: maybe I am just too stupid or blind or what so ever...but... after a math ends and I get the "player 1 wins" thing, is there a button to restart the game anywhere or do I really have to hit the browser reload to play another round? A restart button and a continuous score would be nice..so that you can play best of 5 or something.

I know I am probably being to critic pointing out such things (you probably are aware of it anyways) but I always like it if people tell me those things.. sometimes you just don't see it yourself after working on something for a long time. :P I'll try to talk my girlfriend into playing a match with me to see how it feels with two players so that i can give you more feedback... well, only if you want me to ;)

3d real shop project 

1. tools for generate and build object and can imported from .obj

2. shader easy structer for material (without any dependency)

3. vector wall and surface 3d geometry

4. low size ( scene with sea  and sky and mountain and beach = 74 kb)

5. can change engine ( adapter pattern ) default babylon js , threejs , ...

6. mathematical based geometry

post-13038-0-83250400-1423980862.jpg

post-13038-0-04597900-1424872767.jpg

post-13038-0-99944200-1424872934.jpg

post-13038-0-37546800-1424872944.jpg

post-13038-0-96406700-1424873032.jpg