Hey!

Here is Rollik, a game i've made for Android with CocoonJS. It's a simple concept, and for no reason i can't stop playing... My brother is actually the higher score with 24, tell me what's yours.

Google Play

Instructions

- Tap and hold to keep engine activated.

- Fuel remaining is represented with the colored ball inside Rollik. The smaller it is, the less fuel Rollik has.

- Completely land on a platform to start refueling (the colored ball will become green).

- While refueling, you can't take off until you leave the platform (the colored ball will become red if you try). Keep pressing with your finger and it will automatically take off when leaving the platform.

That's all. Have fun!!

Rollik%20Android%20SS_Fs.png

Nice game, although I don't undestand something about the gameplay. When you tap and hold down it takes too long before it takes off. I understand there's some gameplay rule that you can't take off while refuelling or something, but this feels really awkward. Why not refuel while rolling (not bouncing) and when taking off instantly stop refuelling?

Btw your other game Key&Shield also has a Ludei intro screen, so I guess that was also created using CocoonJS? I think it's much better in terms of graphics and sound (no offense to the people who worked on Rollik).

Very cool to see what is possible with CocoonJS. :) I did notice that both games display a black screen at startup, just before the Ludei splash screen appears. The black screen lasts quite long, about 3 seconds on my phone. Is that the actual loading of the app and is it unavoidable?

When you tap, the engine starts pushing up Rollik with a specific strenght. If Rollik is going down, the engine should compensate the falling force first so it takes more time. About refueling, Rollik is a very first model of the robot, it just cannot take off when refueling, is designed that way.

Both Rollik and Key & Shield Play Store versions are compiled with CocoonJS. Key & Shield is of course a more complex game with more art and coding work, Rollik is a very fast simple concept i had found interesting and fun to work with, to also test some Construct 2 features and different ways to promote games i'm currently checking.

With Ludei, you can't change anything that happens before or during the Ludei splash screen (that's a bad point for them). It shouldn't have that 3s. black screen before their logo (in the devices i've tested the game it doesn't happen), As CocoonJS is a very new tool, it could have that kind of little things on not new devices. Which device and Android version you have?