Html5 Game Development Contest in China

HooWuGames

Hello, this is Greeting form China. Hoowu Game, we are leading html5 platform in China, currently we are running a contest. We want to invite developers from all over the world to join our contest. If you are interested in Chinese market,  please check the following page for details regarding HooWo Html5 Game Developing Contest.

Please check the following page for details regarding HooWo Html5 Game Developing Contest.

http://open.51h5.com/contest/

1. Register as a developer of HooWo Open Platform ( http://open.51h5.com ) (We will provide language support, so don't worry about the process) 
2. Upload games (From Nov 8th,2014 to Mar 28th,2015) 
3. Display of games on 51h5.com for players to choose the best ones (There will be top10 games per month in total )
4. Voting for the best ones (Scores consist of votings and editor's grades:gameplay, smooth, user experience and creativity) 
5. Calculate the final best ones
6. Release results and award ceremony  

Besides the top 10 per month, there are 9 big awards: The first, the second with 2 games, the third with 3 games, the best art, the most creative and the biggest prize Special Award seperately.For the prize, it will be $8000 for the first; $5000 for the second&best art& most creative; $1500 for the third. Special Award will win $10,000!

Anyone who is interested, please drop us a line through email: [email protected]

• 1 month later...

Hello, this is Greeting form China. Hoowu Game, we are leading html5 platform in China, currently we are running a contest. We want to invite developers from all over the world to join our contest. If you are interested in Chinese market,  please check the following page for details regarding HooWo Html5 Game Developing Contest.

Please check the following page for details regarding HooWo Html5 Game Developing Contest.

http://open.51h5.com/contest/

[...]

Everything is in Chinese, I stopped reading right there.

Sounds nice. However, as Ozdy says, all is in Chinese and I can't found a way of register myself in the portal (unfortunately google translate is not good enough in this specific case).

Hi all! We already finished translation, need to take some time to make a better version, I can help with the account and upload stuff, actually already helped some developers to registered, if you are interested. I can help  ;)

Hi all! We already finished translation, need to take some time to make a better version, I can help with the account and upload stuff, actually already helped some developers to registered, if you are interested. I can help  ;)

Please could you translate the rules and conditions?

A couple of questions:

Will our games stay on your site after the contest?
Will we earn any revenue during the time that our games are on your site?
Will we earn any revenue AFTER the contest is finished? (If you keep our games on your site)
Can we remove our games at any time?

I saw some games on your site that use images or characters that don't belong to them. What's your opinion about that? Examples:

I saw some games on your site that use images or characters that don't belong to them. What's your opinion about that? Examples:

Common practice for Chinese portals.

A couple of questions:

Will our games stay on your site after the contest?
Will we earn any revenue during the time that our games are on your site?
Will we earn any revenue AFTER the contest is finished? (If you keep our games on your site)
Can we remove our games at any time?

For questions:

1. Yes, game will still be on site after the contest, you can add ads sdk to the games and earn ads revenue, 100% of ads income got to developers.(revenue will be generated and last when the game is online)  We don't take a share as the support of HooWu to developers.

2. Can't remove the game any time you want, because we need to make sure a good users experience, if every developer want to remove the game anytime they want, the site won't run well, hope you can understand.

3. For the IP problem, the games are uploaded by other developers, we suggest that you use original graphic, but as @Spyro23 says, its common practice in China, we don't forbid that. 

Hi, I am very happy to translate the rules and conditions, but I already list the rules, can you tell me which part that make you confused? I will explain it

Thanks for your reply,

One more question: The payment will be made using paypal or something?

Thanks for all,
Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...