[Phaser][Completed] Odyssey: From Earth to Space.

phantomas

Hi, everyone! 

We just have uploaded our brand-new game:

Odyssey: From Earth to Space

Enjoy this great renewal of the arcade classic, Bomberman.

mShM1vt.jpg?1

Get through 4 worlds fighting against diferent creatures with lots of distinct powers.

1pQuuow.jpg?1

Kill the four final bosses and save the earth.

Z3rSS60.jpg?1

fUFtCqd.jpg?1

Use different weapons like bombs, swords and boomerangs to make you mission easier.

DhGT5pI.jpg?1

It´s a long journey so you can save your game every day and continue at the same place you left it.

NFrxgcX.jpg?1

Win all the medals saving bombs, being the fastest player and losing the least lives. 

And... if you are able to complete the four worlds (more than twenty different levels) you will get a big "extra" surprise...  do you dare?

V0WJXVH.jpg?1

PRglIG3.jpg?1

This game has been our longest working project with more than 11.000 lines of code and it´s totally free. It supports all platforms, squeezing out all the power of Phaser. But we are still improving it so if you leave here some feedback it would be very nice to us.

Will you save the earth? Let us know!

plFgFfC.jpg?1

You can play de game here!

Wow that is a pretty cool looking and playing game :) Some feedback, your position to the bombs is not always very clear, so if you are safe around the corner or not. And I'm don't really like the sword, because it's a bomberman game so I want big explosions not a tiny sword. The boomerang is okay but it's not very satisfying to defeat enemies with the boomerang as it is with the bombs. And when you die and also when you win the level, the animation goes pretty quickly, like it's in a hurry or something.

Maybe add:

- a shadow underneath the player so that the hitbox is clearly visible.

- a sound effect to boomerang-hits-enemy

- a throw back animation (like in the original Zelda) when hitting an enemy with sword or boomerang.

- a tiny pause before showing the "stage clear" sign

- a reset of the player to starting position when dying

- a more elaborate death animation instead of just short knowout.

Wow that is a pretty cool looking and playing game :) Some feedback, your position to the bombs is not always very clear, so if you are safe around the corner or not. And I'm don't really like the sword, because it's a bomberman game so I want big explosions not a tiny sword. The boomerang is okay but it's not very satisfying to defeat enemies with the boomerang as it is with the bombs. And when you die and also when you win the level, the animation goes pretty quickly, like it's in a hurry or something.

Maybe add:
- a shadow underneath the player so that the hitbox is clearly visible.
- a sound effect to boomerang-hits-enemy
- a throw back animation (like in the original Zelda) when hitting an enemy with sword or boomerang.
- a tiny pause before showing the "stage clear" sign
- a reset of the player to starting position when dying
- a more elaborate death animation instead of just short knowout.

Thanks for the feedback.  I will try to program some of these considerations this week. ;)

I liked the game. Plays well and fun. Just what I noted visually about some different contrast. While the game has a nice retro style, some graphics related to the HUD could be clearer. For example when the loader bar is running, it looks as the image has been stretched to size while the bomb image running above is extremely crisp animation. Against the game most of the HUD is fine. Your transition doors are crisp and sharp while on the level start up screen the "Select world" and "total score" have that same different contrast look around the edges. Of course it may be fine on mobile and just be because it's full screen in browser.

As far the game goes, I really liked it and enjoyed the game play. Really nice job!

I liked the game. Plays well and fun. Just what I noted visually about some different contrast. While the game has a nice retro style, some graphics related to the HUD could be clearer. For example when the loader bar is running, it looks as the image has been stretched to size while the bomb image running above is extremely crisp animation. Against the game most of the HUD is fine. Your transition doors are crisp and sharp while on the level start up screen the "Select world" and "total score" have that same different contrast look around the edges. Of course it may be fine on mobile and just be because it's full screen in browser.

As far the game goes, I really liked it and enjoyed the game play. Really nice job!

Thanks for the feedback. We are still making some changes so we will take into consideration your sugestions.

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

Due to the great number of requests we have received regarding this issue, we have decided to create a new final world for the game, located in space.

You can play it HERE

I´ll leave here some captures  ;)

ZzwiSoZ.jpg?1nxylzqi.jpg?1

xdYmTps.jpg?1

GeojtN6.jpg?1

AX1riXX.jpg?1

VkSizVJ.jpg?1

I hope you all enjoy this new world.

Now we are going to make lots of changes according your sugestions.