MosquiNo!

Play it here.

post-16341-0-94697900-1441811195.png post-16341-0-69569900-1441811197.png

Smash these mosquitos before they do horrible things to you!

There are 4 kind of mosquitos to fight! Mostly annoying so I hope you enjoy it.

Introducing the mosquitos:
Normal - The one that is slow but comes in numbers.
Pinky - Fast! The one who will get through your defenses.
Abberant - This green one is smarter than you think.
Mosquilla - The big boss. Very slow and just takes time to die.

Update/Fixes

10/6/2015

- Increased the resolution to 480 x 690 (flexible to 480 x 854), which also makes the hand smaller, hence greater difficulty.

11/9/2015

Gameplay

- The maximum number of abberant (green) mosquitos is increased per session
- Slightly increase the spawn rate of abberant mosquitos
- Increases the spawn rate of normal (black) mosquitos

Technical

- Screen should now be flexible for all mobile devices (no more black borders on portrait orientation)

Device Compatibility

Recommended: iPod Touch 5 (iOS 8, Safari)

Playable & Tested: iPod Touch 5 (iOS 8, Safari), iPod Touch 4 (iOS 6, Safari), Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Stock, Chrome), Asus ZenFone 4 (Stock, Chrome), Lenovo P70-A (Stock, Chrome), iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2

---

I made this quick casual game yesterday, also to familiarize myself with Cocos2d-JS and get back on track on HTML5 web game development.

I was a user here but I kinda forget my account so here's a new one with a game. Along with new identity as anno8. so I hope it's okay.

I haven't setup my direct website yet, so here's the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/anno8games. Like it if you want to know every progress of each new game as I use it as my devlog!  :D

My plan is to create new playable mobile web games every week, so I supposedly be posting more games by next week, hopefully with a better quality.   :lol:

If you have any feedback, or have issues on your phone/mobile devices, please let me know cause it will help me judge the game engine, and of course, the game itself.

Thank you!

Scored 4100, thought it was really good!

The different types of mosquito definitely make it interesting. I really like the green annoying one, that changes the feel of the game quite a lot. Having said that without the green one I found the game fairly easy. Guess I've played way too much counter strike, though I suspect it would be much harder on a touch screen. Well done :)

Scored 4100, thought it was really good!

The different types of mosquito definitely make it interesting. I really like the green annoying one, that changes the feel of the game quite a lot. Having said that without the green one I found the game fairly easy. Guess I've played way too much counter strike, though I suspect it would be much harder on a touch screen. Well done :)

Wow that's nice! Thanks for playing!

I've made slight changes in case you're playing it again.

The abberant (green one) can now be more than one per session and its spawn rate is slightly increased;

the black one spawn rate is increased (hopefully it swarms in the end as expected   :P ).

Thank you for your feedback and the device test guys! Good ideas.

I'll think about the hand to be smaller, cause the sense was I'm trying exaggerate the size of it for the sake of visual, but I do realize that affects the gameplay as well.

I'll probably add somekind of a bug (real bug, lol) where a player should not smack, that if he/she does, the hand goes smaller.  :D

About the sound I haven't find any good quality free for commercial use "bzzt" and splash.  :( But I still keep looking for it.

Any recommendation where I can find a vast of sound library? Even freesound.org is not enough for me.

• 3 weeks later...

The ideia is great, this is a very enjoyable game.

Some suggestions:

I think you should add a background to give some context to the game.

It would be also good to improve the "weapon", from hand to newspaper, spray, ... each one with better speed and aim