pie.ai

OkijinGames

2 hours ago, samid737 said:

By the way I tested it on an Iphone 5c this morning and a samsung galaxy s4. the iphone 5c performs fine, the samsung is a bit slower. But they are relatively old devices...
About the iphone 5c: The screen flickers a bit (goes black) everytime I tap on the screen (also during preloading). I tested it on a safari browser and chrome browser, using latest IOS version... 
Might happen on other iphones aswell? But thats a concern only if its for mobile devices I guess:p...

Cheers,

D

Thanks! I actually tested on iPhone (6) and I was probably half asleep because I did not notice the flickering when taping! After you mentioned it I can clearly see and reproduce it (some silly bug slipped in the touch events I guess...). I have tested on Note 4 and noticed the slowness as well, there will be an option to load lower quality graphics on older devices so that should fix this. Thanks again for the great feedback.

alpha0.2.thumb.png.70c0b63a583642e01d1ef1e70a7f2ed3.png

Alpha 0.2 now live.

• The Shield provides 50% damage reduction. This item can be stolen from other players by eating them.
  • Capture the Flag to get 100% points bonus. This item can be stolen from other players by eating them.
  • Added 2 skins (Cute Rabbit, Brazilian Flag).
  • Fixed issue wit bots eating flying players.
  • Added "Total pies eaten" counter on main page now almost 10M pies eaten since alpha is live (currently 4K daily players)
  • Up-scaled server to 4 Core / 7GB RAM, things should run much more smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice game! It is so addicting, I've been playing it for hours straight.

Question, why did you write your own engine? Did you think that the ones available today (Pixi, Phaser, Unity) didn't fit your project?

Keep up with the great work, the game is really promising! just wait for some Youtubers to pick it up and you're done!

Thanks!!

On 17/04/2017 at 9:24 PM, Ktop said:

Nice game! It is so addicting, I've been playing it for hours straight.

Question, why did you write your own engine? Did you think that the ones available today (Pixi, Phaser, Unity) didn't fit your project?

Keep up with the great work, the game is really promising! just wait for some Youtubers to pick it up and you're done!

Thanks!!

Thank you, it means a lot to me!

When I created my first game in 2013, I took some time to port a small set of library functions I wrote in C++ for Direct2D to HTML5 canvas and used it as the base for my framework. Since then, I have simply expanded this set of functions as I wrote new HTML5 games over the years. I also enjoy writing things from scratch if I can.

Thanks again for your comments!

Beta 2.0 update:

• Eating other players now rewards their current calorie count instead of a flat 200 calories points (400 with flag). 
  • Fat burner (formerly jetpack) can be used to fly. Beware, it consumes calories at increasing rate!
  • Improved UI numbers display.
  • Mushroom now increases eating speed.
  • Mushroom effect time increased from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.

Beta 3.0 Update

So far eating "item" pies would give players an immediate benefit (shield, damage boost) regardless of the calories count and this did not help to reinforce player authority so the goal of this update is to experiment with a progression system that links the calories count to these benefits.

• As players eat calories they unlock skill points.
  • Skill points can be spent to passively boost Power and Armor (some "active skills" could be rewarded to extend this system later on)

The direct consequence of this is that players with a higher calories count get higher benefits from boosters like Mushroom Pie (2X power) and Shield (now progressive).

• The fat burner mechanic was completely removed.
  • The lighting is now a collectable item and can be used to activate the jetpack (eating a pie was required before).
  • The flag carrier still earns double points but the respawn will only happen when both flag carriers are dead.

Work in progress:

• Currently working on a "capture and hold the flag" mode which will be Team vs Team instead of FFA.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...