Update - the game is now available on Google Play as a native app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.afgt.naval

The link
http://www.askforgametask.com/mobile/games/naval/

Description

Naval Battle is an HTML5 arcade game in which your mission is to destroy a fleet of enemy cargo ships before they deliver ammunition and provisions to the enemy troops.

You are the commander of the VIC Victory, a fast light tank used by the Mobile Costal Artillery in defending a country against sea attacks.
Your tank is armed with a limitless supply of anti-ship shells, but be aware that only one shell can be in view at a time!

You have only 70 seconds to sink all enemy ships. They are not armed, but they are protected by the gun fire from a fortified enemy battery on the other side of the bay. And they are moving with different speeds. So you need to aim very carefully!

The game ends if you fail to complete the mission within the 70-second time limit or if your tank is destroyed by enemy gun fire.

Controls

Use the left and right keys to move.
Use the up or space key to fire.

Screenshots

naval_200x200.png

naval_360x600_01.pngnaval_360x600_03.png

naval_360x600_04.pngnaval_360x600_05.png

Thanks.

It goes into minus time if you fire the last shot just before 0 so you get a chance to sink one more ship in over time.

Anyway, the game mechanic and it's visual style comes from the original game written in Basic for my Commodore VIC-20 (in fact it was VIC-1001). All sprites and animations are made by its character set. I played it as a kid 30 years ago. Then I lost it somewhere and couldn't find anywhere on the Internet. So I recovered it from my memories to play it again.