[WIP] Jelly Slice

OkijinGames

Hi again,

(UPDATE: Jelly Slice is now available for non-exclusive HTML5 licensing, feel free to contact me for more information).

Jelly Slice is my second HTML5 game. I plan to release it on Windows Phone Store first (freemium) and at the same time make a premium version available for mobile web licensing. There will be an iOS and Google Play version and I have also created an early build for Tizen that I will try to update with the current version before the challenge deadline next week.

The game is based on one single rule: "Slice the jelly so that each slice contains only ONE star."

The final version is expected to contain 7 packs of 30-40 levels each  and I am currently working on the level generator to help me with the content. 

Here is a gameplay video:

Screenshots:

screen2.png

screens4.png

screens1.png

The screenshots are from the Windows Phone build which does not suffer from clipping aliasing noticeable in Chrome on polygons for the jelly - something that I was not able to solve so far (at lower resolution it becomes quite annoying).

The demo version can be played here (feedback welcome) :)

http://www.okijin.com/prods/jellyslice

Thanks all,

Looks and plays great. Can you share some technical details on how you generated the jelly?

For the jelly, I went with a "fake it" approach (nothing physics based). The bounding polygon corners are smoothened using a bezier curve and animations are rendered by moving the control point of the quadratic curves based on a timer that is reset when a cut occurs. 

jelly.png

Originally I wanted to achieve something similar to these cute pudding monsters from Zeptolab but had to revise my goals very quickly... maybe in version 2 ill try harder  :)

20121228_181841.jpg

Thanks Carlos.

The game has now been released on windows phone:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/store/app/jelly-slice/0d959648-ab24-4ffb-a4d4-73dea9edf50f

Probably the most polished and optimized build. I really like how WP8 handles HTML5, very good performance, sharp rendering even on low end Lumia 520.