Offroad Mania — free keys for feedback

grmaster

Hello.

I'm indie game developer and currently working on Offroad Mania — game for everyone, who like off road and challenge.

Offroad Mania on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/1222040/Offroad_Mania/

Write me in Discord and I give free game keys https://discord.gg/S7qpVaB

Free web demo https://html5.gamedistribution.com/268e3f7dc6e6481298fafa5f3cf9e911/

Offroad%20Mania%20-%20Crawler%20Buggy%20

Features:
— 120 levels with rocks, trees, bridges, springboards etc.
— 5 amazing 4×4 off road cars for fun
— Car physics based game
— Car and driver customizing
— Fun driving gameplay
— Colorful and clean game graphics
— Gamepad support
— Fullscreen mode

p.s.
In the future, I plan to do free updates (new cars, new tracks, etc.).
Therefore it is very important your feedback and suggestions.
Thanks for comments!

Contacts:
Email: [email protected]
Discord: https://discord.gg/S7qpVaB
Twitter: @activegames

Edited by grmaster

Laggy and unplayable for me.

I played via the GD link (Chrome desktop), took a long time to load (stalled at 50% for a while) then framerate was about 3 fps.  Audio stutters, total jammer, unable to play.  I run an ad blocker (like many people) and I see a bunch of "Failed to load resource" in the console.

I re-ran with ad blocker disabled ... urrgh, NOT ONE BUT TWO full length ads that were irrelevant to me (wasted 2 minutes of my life and made you ZERO money).  Please never front load a game with an advert, it's disrespectful to players - especially so when asking for feedback.  Anyway, no change - same stuttering and jarring issues.

More private testing needed.

Edited by b10b
avoiding confusion to "buggy" as a vehicle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Milton said:

Nice game! I think you're slightly overpriced for a casual game.
Maybe check yourself if the user still has a chance? I would like the game to restart the  level when I fall :)

Thank you! 

We plan making updates (fix bugs, add new cars/tracks/modes and so on). Therefore $4.99 normal price I think.

And game will be on all "season" sales with some discount, because people like to buy games on Steam in that moments.

About restart after fall: some people ask to add checkpoints. I'll think about it after release. Maybe I add checkpoints with restart from them. Or no. I need more feedback from players.

I played the demo on GameDistribution as well. Let me start of with saying that the game looks good!

There's some improvements to be made though.

Like others mentioned, it should auto restart when you fall. Also, I can drive off the track when I cross the finish line! 

The camera.. it makes me a bit 'motion sick'. I think it should follow GTA5 rules, when you steer a bit to the left or right, the camera doesn't follow. When you're about to lose proper sight, then the camera should adapt.
Steering the jeep is also a bit wonky. It responds a bit 'slowly'. Or at least it feels that way.
I'd also add a check box on the control menu that pops up everytime that says 'Hide this on start'. I'd also call the 'Secrets' something else, they're not exactly secrets, more like 'Trophys'.
Perhaps also add a time limit per level? To make it more challenging, or as an optional 'Time challenge' as a seperate mode.

Other than that, game looks good, I really like the virbrant colors, the offroad experience is a nice theme as well. UI also looks great. And I'm loving the roarring sound of the engine, well chosen!

You know what would also be cool? At the end of the level, just after the finishing line, add a big ramp, so you can jump real high! Would also be really nice if you added a slow, descending ridge all along side the parcours, which starts at a steep depth of say 5 metres. So you'll be like 'I don't want to fall in there!' And when you do, have the truck fall into pieces. The ridge doesn't have to extend into infinity sideways. Just a border of descending 20 metres or so? That way, you'll actually have an effect when you fall down, instead of into infinite nothingness. And finally, at the end of the level, you get to smash the truck into pieces after that high jump I just talked about! Or an alternative. In any case, it needs a 'reward' after you finish a level, something fun, not just a statistic.

The game itself is probably not something I'd pay money for on Steam, it seems to fit better as a mobile game (perhaps you already made it an app), with say, a virtual thumbstick to control the jeep.

All it needs is some polishing.

P.S. I'm always curious to know, did you create the objects yourself? Also, can't believe this is HTML5! Is there a specific engine/framework you're using?

Edited by Rudi

13 hours ago, Rudi said:

I played the demo on GameDistribution as well. Let me start of with saying that the game looks good!

Like others mentioned, it should auto restart when you fall. Also, I can drive off the track when I cross the finish line! 

The camera.. it makes me a bit 'motion sick'. I think it should follow GTA5 rules, when you steer a bit to the left or right, the camera doesn't follow. When you're about to lose proper sight, then the camera should adapt.
Steering the jeep is also a bit wonky. It responds a bit 'slowly'. Or at least it feels that way.
I'd also add a check box on the control menu that pops up everytime that says 'Hide this on start'. I'd also call the 'Secrets' something else, they're not exactly secrets, more like 'Trophys'.
Perhaps also add a time limit per level? To make it more challenging, or as an optional 'Time challenge' as a seperate mode.

Other than that, game looks good, I really like the virbrant colors, the offroad experience is a nice theme as well. UI also looks great. And I'm loving the roarring sound of the engine, well chosen!

You know what would also be cool? At the end of the level, just after the finishing line, add a big ramp, so you can jump real high! Would also be really nice if you added a slow, descending ridge all along side the parcours, which starts at a steep depth of say 5 metres. So you'll be like 'I don't want to fall in there!' And when you do, have the truck fall into pieces. The ridge doesn't have to extend into infinity sideways. Just a border of descending 20 metres or so? That way, you'll actually have an effect when you fall down, instead of into infinite nothingness. And finally, at the end of the level, you get to smash the truck into pieces after that high jump I just talked about! Or an alternative. In any case, it needs a 'reward' after you finish a level, something fun, not just a statistic.

The game itself is probably not something I'd pay money for on Steam, it seems to fit better as a mobile game (perhaps you already made it an app), with say, a virtual thumbstick to control the jeep.

P.S. I'm always curious to know, did you create the objects yourself? Also, can't believe this is HTML5! Is there a specific engine/framework you're using?

Thanks a lot! I want to give you key. Please play in current version on Steam and write feedback again. Welcome to fan-chat in Discord.

On 2/11/2020 at 12:03 AM, Rudi said:

Thanks a lot! I want to give you key. Please play in current version on Steam and write feedback again. Welcome to fan-chat in Discord.

Offroad Mania — Development
Programming: Armory3D (cross-platform 3d engine).
Graphics: Blender (3d modeling), Adobe Photoshop (postprocessing), TexturePacker (GUI).
Sounds: Wavosaur (postprocessing), Freesound.org (sounds sources).
Music: Cubase (writing own soundtracks).

On 2/15/2020 at 4:23 PM, Jammy said:

I played the browser version and thought it was so good and pure I checked out the steam and the price I felt was also very fair so i had to buy it for myself to support the project.

Would it be possible at all to play it on my iPad?

Good luck with the recent launch!

Thank you!

Now we work on updates for Steam. I prefer native mobile version, but look at this link https://store.steampowered.com/steamlink/about/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

banner-update109.png.c22bc261958b67c80011fa31b10a8687.png

Youtube: Offroad Mania — Free roam 2, Offroad Mania — Free roam 3, Offroad Mania — Track timer

Offroad Mania 1.0.9 updates:

• added ‘hard mode’ for classic levels
  • added achievement for ‘hard mode’
  • added track timer for freeroam 3
  • added reset camera (right stick / mouse middle button)
  • added fov (field of view) settings for exterior/interior

banner-update1011-discount.png.b3bac568ae00952d0f64101204eac18f.png

Youtube: Offroad Mania — New car 2

Offroad Mania 1.0.11 updates:

• added NEW CAR
  • added handbrake + auto-clutch (this allows you to increase RPM)
  • added camera collision
  • added saving view position (for current game session)
  • added reset capability for options/customization (double click on mouse/gamepad reset value to default)