Looking to license HTML5 Games!

holaverse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

be very careful with them - a friend of mine sent them their games, but never saw any money coming in. just another rip off in the market

Hi  Daisy 

I dont know which one is your friend ,we only buy high quality games ,not all the games, currently we are woring with more than 20+ developers ,who has high quality games ,and we dont rip off in the market .

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Partner

I’m Maxim from HolaverseJ

Thank you for all your support in 2015 and looking forward to working with you in 2016!

From the  beginning of Feb 2016,Holaverse will start a NEW project, we will invite you to participate once we get everything ready!

Wishing you a fantastic festive season and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This is my first deal with Holaverse, but he asked me to send non-encrypted source code for the game(non-exclusive license) before signing the agreement. is it ok? Can somebody share experience with holaverse?

Publishers ask this sometimes. They can change their API and with the non-encrypted code, they will be able to adjust games.

I don't know if it is the case with Holaverse.

But if you don't trust someone, simply don't work with them.

Publishers ask this sometimes. They can change their API and with the non-encrypted code, they will be able to adjust games.

I don't know if it is the case with Holaverse.

But if you don't trust someone, simply don't work with them.

I don't think it's a case of not trusting someone. Noesgames's concern seems to me to be two separate matters: 1. supplying the "goods" before an agreement has been made / reached, and 2. whether it's generally a good idea to share source code with his/her sponsors.

I'm less experienced in such matters than Noesgames (having yet to even try and sell a game) but I'd be apprehensive around supplying the source (especially before agreement has been reached) because it doesn't just make it easier to update their integration code, it makes it easier to make any modifications.

To my thinking it's not simply a matter of trusting that any modifications a sponsor makes will be as per any agreements reached (because I'm sure that is fine, at least when there are agreements in place), but you also have to trust that they will "encrypt" the game after each and any update as the developer would have when they are done (and surely this varies greatly depending on tooling and design) so that 3rd parties don't have an easier time than the developer intended them to. Also depending on the agreement I imagine the developer could be on the hook for maintenance / ensuring functionality of the code, in such case I can appreciate that allowing the sponsor to make code changes outside the API without the developer being in the loop, would make that even more difficult.

That all being said (and maybe I just want to hear opinions myself), maybe the best thing to do when unsure about a business arrangement is to discuss it with the other party directly. I'm thinking that's what I will do if/when I get my act together and get something out there and eventually (hopefully) get it sponsored...