A better way for developers to earn from their HTML5 web games

iDev

Hi All!

I'm a single indie game developer who has released games on steam, android, itch.io, gamejolt and kongregate etc. Though I felt like I hit a problem when it came to monetizing web games. I found with mobile games, advertising was the best way to earn. So of coarse earning from ad's with your small HTML5 games should be the best way to earn from web games but sites like kongregate only give you on average 25% of ad earnings. While even though I personally love Itch.io for selling games, you can only earn from donations when it comes to web games. Leaving you with the only option of hosting the games yourself, which means you are alone in driving traffic to your games.

So I set out to not only design a platform that allows developers to earn from ad's (adf.ly ad's).  So I set out to not only design a platform that allows developers to earn from ad's (ads from our own advertising network serving exciting gaming adverts players will want to see). A platform which is easy to use, quick to sign up and allows you to instantly publish your games online. A platform which is 100% mobile friendly allowing players to play your games on far more devices. Best of all, you will earn 100% from your game's players.

newad.png

https://play.idevgames.co.uk

The play arcade is completely free and allows you to get your game online and start earning within minutes. It is the simplest and quickest way to start earning from your games with ad's. No need for API's, it's all built into the site. Also I want to make the point that I do not earn anything from the site currently, I built the platform originally for my own game's and because this was something that I wanted from a web based platform. I will also never charge for this service or forcefully take a percentage of your ad earnings in the future. The site is still being developed but is fully functional with some pretty cool features too, like:

• Embed your games easily on any site and still earn from every player
  • Allow your players to give you donations through paypal
  • Allow your players to subscribe to your patreon
  • Turn off ad's at any time and turn them on again... Even choose the frequency your ad is displayed
  • People can review your games
  • Publish your games to the site instantly
  • Keep your game private when testing

The site is growing everyday and I hope you decide to take a look.

Thanks,

-iDev

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I appreciate your input on this again. You are right with contract work and sponsorship but that being said I can't think of a way to tie that into the platform currently. Adf.ly boasts above a $2 cpm which isn't bad at all. It's not an end goal but it's an improvement compared to other web platforms. That being said you can also ask for donations and patreon subscribers as well as turn adf.ly ads off. Giving you more ways to earn and more choice. I want to explore more ways to help developers earn, work exclusively with an ad network or set up my own network in the future. You have to walk before you can run. That being said if you do have any ideas please let me know! 

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to give a small update. The platform has continued to grow so much that I have created my own advertising platform and URL shortener that now powers Play iDev Games.

This means the adverts are now gaming ads and not adf.ly that I was never happy with. As i've said many times, adf.ly wasn't the end goal.

Thanks,

-iDev

1 hour ago, iDev said:

Thanks! Theres some great developers making some great games. Embedding the games will support the devs :)

Hey @iDev ,

The platform looks awesome, congratulations on that. I am currently developing a 3D multiplayer RPG which I would like to publish somewhere ( in a few months ). What does your platform offer and how can I benefit from it?

Best Regards,
RelativeNull.

Hi @RelativeNull,

Glad you like the look of the platform! It's taken a lot to get to where it is today. I aim to market everyones games like their my own. Every game is automatically tweeted out on our twitter at random and posted on our facebook. Also I email out every new game to our members. The ads pay $4 per 1000 views currently. Though hopefully increase over time as we display gaming adverts to gamers which makes the quality of advertising higher then generic platforms. Though it is early days at this point.

Also @GrosSacASacs, you can add as many games as you like (I have 10 myself) for as long as you like. The games can be deleted when ever you want too. The money depends on the game plays as said above you can earn $4 for every 1000 views. More information on the advertising can be found at https:my-ga.me

Thanks,

-iDev

@RelativeNull Currently the site as a whole gets around 50 - 100 visitors on an average day when no one releases anything new. You can also see at the top of the site how many members the site has got which at the moment is 256 members. You can also see how many games, tutorials and dev logs that has been published on the site. Which the site currently has 78 games, 11 tutorials and 24 dev logs. 

Also you will see statistics for your own games and see where your players came from. You also can delete your game completely from the server, update your game and publish your game publicly on the site at any time. The site gives you the tools to manage your games and posts however you want, easily and quickly.

You can also keep your games private so you can test your game or wanted to only share your link with beta testers before going public.

I was looking for better way to monetize my game for 3 months n today I found html5 game devs, n now I find this post, its awesome. But I saw that there are no in-game ads like for example, watch the video and get 10 coins, it's one of the best forms of ads, here's my suggestion.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2017 at 9:04 AM, eazylow said:

Hello!

Why have you disabled the opportunity to earn from short links? Are you planning to enable it again?

Hi @eazylow!

It is still very early days for my-ga.me so due to the amount of traffic we have been receiving through the shortened links I have been unable to fill the advertising. As this then affects the earnings for play.idevgames.co.uk developers I decided to disable earnings through the shortened links temporarily.  As more advertisers get on board this will then be re-enabled. That being said you can still use the service to display ads on your website or on your play.idevgames.co.uk games.

also @NullMoon unfortunately there wont be reward based in game advertising any time soon. It would be nice to have this service for web games like we have seen in android and ios games but at the moment it is impossible for me to make happen. But never say never! 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...