Mobile game revenue share

sandy234

From my own limited experience thus far, I tend to agree with the sentiments already expressed.  We have been approached by some publishers who initially offered a 50% to 70% revenue split in our favor...but every one of them suddenly flaked-out when it came time to get down to business for real.  One of them acted like they did not even remember any of our games nor our previous conversations.

Depends on what revenue shares you are speaking of. Freemium, ads, subscription? For example we made couple deals in 50/50, or 70/30, 60/40 for us and vice versa. Depends on you too - since you are the developer, and you bring the content that brings revenues for publisher - you should start with negotiable ratio of revenues when speaking to publisher.

• 1 month later...

Depends on what revenue shares you are speaking of. Freemium, ads, subscription? For example we made couple deals in 50/50, or 70/30, 60/40 for us and vice versa. Depends on you too - since you are the developer, and you bring the content that brings revenues for publisher - you should start with negotiable ratio of revenues when speaking to publisher.

Do you know any decent publisher that i can go with??

On rare occasion. Most publishers that offer revenue shares are a waste of your time, but there are a few who work to earn their 60% or 70% cut while still making it worthwhile for you. It's easier to make a game than it is to reach millions of users...the publisher deserves the larger share.

Agreed. In addition, while your first game may be quite a low revenue share, if you prove your games are of good quality and are attractive to players, you may be able to convince them to give you a larger revenue share later on.

Sondar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, I would be extremely happy for 10K views a month, if those views are US or Europe. There is an order of magnitude difference in the ad revenue between US/Europe/Australia/etc. and places like China/India/Africa/South America/most of southeast Asia.

I agree with Matt, I don't know any that do 50/50. Once you've made a few more posts you'll have access to the Sponsors area on this forum - check out some of the companies in there and try offering your game to them.

Does this exist anymore?

Yes, I would be extremely happy for 10K views a month, if those views are US or Europe. There is an order of magnitude difference in the ad revenue between US/Europe/Australia/etc. and places like China/India/Africa/South America/most of southeast Asia.

Does this exist anymore?

I mentioned to the website - 10K views to the website overall. So you would got fraction of it. The point was - its better to go to multimillion users distribution network even for 30/40% than with some small, hobby like service that offers few thousand views a month to top games for 50%.

• 3 weeks later...