Connect Me Factory (my Phaser game)

haden

connectMeLogo.jpg

This is my first Html5 game, I am using Phaser 1.00TS0.83 and I had a real fun making it.

The basis of the game is simple: you need to connect all blocks, either by moving them or rotating them, there are 3 types of them and a total of 60 levels.

You can play the game HERE

ConnectMe-screenshot.png

Any feedback is welcome...

Edit: I updated the game and added a music and sound effects.

I agree this is great. I like the graphics and the gameplay is original. I never find puzzle games with set levels very addictive. I always prefer the type where there is an endless mode with blocks filling the screen. I think this could be adapted for that kind of gameplay very well, with smaller blocks.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments, really appreciate it. One question: did it run fine on your devices ? especially Android ? I have a test Android phone but it's a bit slow so I can't tell if the game is slow because of my code or my phone.

I agree this is great. I like the graphics and the gameplay is original. I never find puzzle games with set levels very addictive. I always prefer the type where there is an endless mode with blocks filling the screen. I think this could be adapted for that kind of gameplay very well, with smaller blocks.

Yeah, this game would've been more addictive with a 3-star system where you need to finish the levels in a certain way to get all 3 stars, you can then use the stars to unlock some bonus levels or just as a score.

I like your idea about an endless mode, and I thought about it too, but I still can't figure out how to do it properly. Can you please elaborate on this ?

My only nitpick is that it only gets challenging later on.

Also it would be most awesome if it had generated levels later on :)

Yes, the first levels are indeed easy, but they are meant to so the play can get used to the game. Maybe I added too much of the easiest levels though.

What do you mean by generated levels ? you mean like infinite random levels ?

Great game. Levels 59 and 60 are identical.

Oops, my bad. I will fix this. Thanks for catching this.

"I like your idea about an endless mode, and I thought about it too, but I still can't figure out how to do it properly. Can you please elaborate on this ?"

Obviously it would take a lot of thought and trial and error to see what would work, but I would probably start with having the endless mode having smaller blocks. I know it's cliche but you would have to stop them filling screen. A row of blocks are added, maybe ever x number of turns another row is added. You have to turn or move them to make them disappear. What I have just said is cliche but what you already have would make it original. 

Also maybe the next row could be displayed so you could plot a head, and get combos when the next row is dropped if some of the boxes link to together. It could be  4 boxes together make them disappear or maybe the user could tap the boxes that are linked together to make them disappear, and when the number of boxes that are  linked is larger the score would be a lot higher, like in the game Polymer.  That is hard to explain.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried on LG Optimud F3 and played perfectly on chrome. Fullscreen and very smooth gameplay.It even hid the address bars on both portrait and landscape. On stock browser there was a black screen after loading and that was it. My own games wont work correctly on stock on this phone either.

Fun good looking game. Good job.

Thanks for everyone for the encouraging comments, I am really glad our game had such nice feedbacks.

@thiagogsr: thank you for the screenshots, I don't have access for a Blackberry, so I am really glad it's working well in there. Thanks to Phaser who made this possible.

I want to share some stats for this game. It's my first Html5 game so I didn't have previous contacts with the publishers, I just used the list of sponsors available in this forum and sent an email to each and everyone of them. 4 sponsors accepted to buy a non exclusive license for the game. I also got contacted by a sponsor on MarketJS who also bought the game. As I write this we got a total of 2450$ from all those licenses (of course only some sponsors already paid, we are still working with the rest of them to get the game published).

Very nice game! though a few sounds for feedback (move, rotate and victory) would be welcomed. It also took me some time to get that the red blocks couldn't move and only rotate, i thought my ipod was stalled until i touched the reset level to figure it. silly me.